To celebrate 25 years of epic bad-assery, Dodge is ending the production of the Viper in 2017. But first, it’s producing five limited-edition models to commemorate this final year of production.
“The Dodge Viper has had a great run, and 25 years after it was first introduced, it leaves the supercar world reaching for the records it continues to set,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler, and Fiat – FCA, North America. “With more track records than any production car in the world, the Dodge Viper ACR will live on as the fastest street-legal Viper track car ever, the car that has set the benchmark for all that follows in its tracks.”
The Dodge Viper ACR returns in 2017 with significant aerodynamic and suspension upgrades. Relaunched in 2016, the third edition (1999-2002, 2008-2010) of the Viper ACR is known as the ultimate “street-legal racecar” with a total of 13 road course lap records as certified by the Sports Car Club of America.
This track and street beast will be honored with this run of models, each of which highlight a different feature from its storied past:
Viper 1:28 Edition ACR
- Pays tribute to the current production car single lap record of 1:28.65 set by champion driver Randy Pobst in a 2016 Dodge Viper ACR at historic Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, Calif., in October 2015
- Looking back in Viper history: Using the same track record theme, Dodge previously produced 33 units of the 2010 Viper ACR 1:33 Edition to tout its previous track record of 1:33.915 set by SRT dynamics engineer Chris Winkler at Laguna Seca Raceway in November 2009
Viper GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR
- Pays tribute to one of the most iconic Viper paint schemes of all time – the white and blue combination of the 1998 Viper GTS-R GT2 Championship Edition
- Looking back in Viper history: 100 units of the 1998 Viper GTS-R GTS Championship Edition were produced to commemorate the Viper winning the 1997 FIA GT2 championship
Viper VoooDoo II Edition ACR
- Modeled after the original 2010 Viper VoooDoo edition
- Looking back in Viper history: 31 units of the original VoooDoo Viper ACR were built in 2010
Viper Snakeskin Edition GTC
- Color was inspired by the original 2010 Snakeskin ACR
- Looking back in Viper history: 31 units of the original Snakeskin Viper ACR were built in 2010
A fifth, the Dodge Dealer Edition ACR will be available through two Dodge dealers – Tomball Dodge of Tomball, Texas, and Roanoke Dodge of Roanoke, Ill.
Dodge will also continue their customization program through 2017, which allows buyers to create their own snake custom.