Photos courtesy Ford.com
News has been pouring in about the completely re-designed 2015 Ford Mustang, and here’s what we know so far.
– There will be three engine options—2.3 L EcoBoost four-cylinder, 3.7 L V6 and 5.0 L Coyote V8.
– The designers took inspiration from a number of places, most notably the first-generation 1964.5 Mustang.
– Wheelbase remains the same at 107.1 inches.
– Overall width has grown 1.5 inches with the rear track being stretched from 62.1 to 64.9 inches.
– No more solid axle! The Mustang finally has independent rear suspension.
Performance numbers haven’t been released, but Ford assures that both the V6 and V8 engines will be more powerful than their 2014 counterparts.
We’re still waiting for a number of important details such as price, weight and fuel economy figures, but in the meantime, enjoy some photos of the 2015 Mustang.