2014 Northeast Collector Car of the Year Contest
1. Eligibility: MotorHead Media is searching the Northeast for five (5) vehicles to be crowned the “2014 Northeast Collector Cars of the Year.” RacingJunk.com, CollectorCarNation.com, SprocketList.com, HotRodHotline.com, OldRide.com and BikerHotline.com’s 2014 Northeast Collector Car of the Year (the “Contest”) is open only to members of RacingJunk.com, CollectorCarNation.com, SprocketList.com, HotRodHotline.com, OldRide.com and BikerHotline.com. You must be a legal resident of one of the Northeast States (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey or New York) over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of Internet Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor”), all employees of New Hampshire Motor Speedway (“Contest Partner”), all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Contest Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Contest entry period begins on August 12, 2014 when the Contest thread is posted on Website and ends at 5:00 p.m., EST on September 9, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by using an APPROVED method of entry. The APPROVED method(s) of entry include:
a. Online Entry. Visit RacingJunk.com and accurately complete the online nomination form by submitting 1) a photograph of your vehicle, 2) a back story of the vehicle and 3) a backstory of the owner on the Contest thread during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person or email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email account. The potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
b. Standard Mail Entry. As an alternative and unless specified otherwise, you may enter by mailing 1) a photograph of your vehicle, 2) a back story of the vehicle and 3) a back story of the owner to: RacingJunk.com, Attn: RacingJunk.com 2014 Northeast Collector Car of the Year, 106 Main Street, North Adams, MA 01247. Standard mail entries must be received by September 3, 2014 to be included in the contest, and no more than one (1) standard mail entry may be submitted.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Multiple entries and mechanically reproduced copies are void.
4. Selection of Contest Winners/Odds: There will be five (5) winners. The winners will be selected from the entrants who accurately complete the online nomination form or mail in their contest entry during the Contest Period. Winners will be chosen by a diverse group of MotorHead Media staff and associates (the Judges). The Judges, in their sole discretion, will select winners based on uniqueness, Northeastern style of the vehicle and Northeastern back story of the vehicle and owner (“Judging Criteria”). The winners will be selected within five (5) business days of the Contest Period. The winners will be notified via phone and or email within five (5) business days after the end of the Contest Period. The winners will be announced via RacingJunk.com, CollectorCarNation.com, SprocketList.com, HotRodHotline.com, OldRide.com and BikerHotline.com. In the event that a winner(s) is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize(s) to an alternate winner(s). Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize(s) and an alternate winner(s) may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be selected. Decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries, as determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion. Odds of winning the Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Photography Contest Additional Rules: The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria. Each submitted photograph must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, covenants and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud in the sole opinion of Sponsor; provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form. The photograph must not, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges and Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified. If the photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, authorizing use of the photograph. If you are unable to provide all required personal releases upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor, then your entry may be disqualified. If any person appearing in any photograph is a minor in their state of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. If you win, we will contact you if personal releases are needed. You do not need to send the release with your entry.
You understand and intend that any photograph or information submitted by you to Sponsor may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photograph or information you submit to Sponsor. By submitting any photograph or information to Sponsor, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photograph or information submitted by you to Sponsor.
6. Prizes: The five (5) winners will each receive the award of 2014 Northeast Collector Car of the Year and will be displayed at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Race held on September 21, 2014. Each winner and a guest will also receive VIP’s of the track, receiving NASCAR Grandstand tickets and special access pit passes (ARV US $300.00). Winners should be available to have their car on display at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on September 21, 2014. Transportation and lodging to and from the event are not provided. Winners must be at New Hampshire Motor Speedway no later than 8:00 a.m. Sunday, September 21, 2014. The Sponsor will deliver the prizes to the winners in person on Sunday, September 21, 2014 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize(s) or a portion of advertised prize(s) is unavailable for any reason. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winners as a result of the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winners. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and the winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
7. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and winner, by accepting a prize, grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. All entrants will be automatically added to RacingJunk.com’s 3rd party list. A winner(s) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or the winner(s) may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
9. Participants’ Obligations: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prizes, the winners agree to release and hold Contest Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Contest or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
10. Winners’ List: For a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Internet Brands, Inc., Attn: RacingJunk.com’s 2014 Northeast Collector Car of the Year Winners’ List, 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for winners’ list must be received within thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.
11. Sponsor: Internet Brands, Inc., 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245
Revised: August 12, 2014