Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Originally Posted by mopar1968
Shoot put a 600 fogger system on it and go for it :!: :!:
That would be the easy way to get 1000hp. :wink:

and dail in 40 degree's of timing ( leave it there) and put 1400 lbs of bottle presssure and bring in the 600 shot all at once ....button on steering wheel..who needs WOT switch.

ps:
by standers take cover of Flying heavy metal ojects..often reffered to as a grenade..I endorse this message...lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by BEAST477
Originally Posted by mopar1968
Shoot put a 600 fogger system on it and go for it :!: :!:
That would be the easy way to get 1000hp. :wink:

and dail in 40 degree's of timing ( leave it there) and put 1400 lbs of bottle presssure and bring in the 600 shot all at once ....button on steering wheel..who needs WOT switch.

ps:
by standers take cover of Flying heavy metal ojects..often reffered to as a grenade..I endorse this message...lol

Shhh don't tell them that :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Mark
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

yep beast just looking at the options only a Fool dives head first into something without know ALL of his options
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Default NOS

HOW MANY PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE HURT A ENGINE FROM SPRAYING?

I'M SURE ITS DONE ITS DAMAGE,, I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE BREAK FROM NOS IN THE LAST 15 YEARS, AND HE WAS SPRAYING A 350 SHOT ON A STOCK LOW END 5.3 AND PULLED TOP OF PISTON OFF AFTER COUPLE SEASONS BECAUSE HE NEVER OPENED THE RING GAP FROM STOCK...
BUT, I DID BLOW A FORD 9 INCH IN MY NOVA THE FIRST TIME SPRAYED 150 SHOT AT THE STRIP...
THANKS HAVE A GOOD DAY..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mrbigtrucks
yep beast just looking at the options only a Fool dives head first into something without know ALL of his options
grandpa always said their is no such thing as a dumb question......
Old 07-11-2012, 09:07 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: NOS

Originally Posted by chevynovaman
HOW MANY PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE HURT A ENGINE FROM SPRAYING?

I'M SURE ITS DONE ITS DAMAGE,, I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE BREAK FROM NOS IN THE LAST 15 YEARS, AND HE WAS SPRAYING A 350 SHOT ON A STOCK LOW END 5.3 AND PULLED TOP OF PISTON OFF AFTER COUPLE SEASONS BECAUSE HE NEVER OPENED THE RING GAP FROM STOCK...
BUT, I DID BLOW A FORD 9 INCH IN MY NOVA THE FIRST TIME SPRAYED 150 SHOT AT THE STRIP...
THANKS HAVE A GOOD DAY..
i run 10.5 Outlaw series where Nitrous is widely used..I have to go to a funeral home right now but when I get back I will give you names many of them including me...but to leave you with a surprising thought many engines are hurt for being to Fat on the fuel side lifting ring lands therefore hurting whataver happens to be in its path...i will answer more of your question later....trust me hurting a engine using Nitrous is not a myth..i promise you. 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-11-2012, 09:28 AM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

hot rod did a 5.3 build that turned out to be a 4.8 and out 25 lbs of boost to a stock engine only thing is they increased the ring gap yeah its a different power adder but i highly doubt it will hurt much i never asked if i will hurt or break anything i wanted to know how it work with the 4.88 gears i have
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

i run 10.5 Outlaw series where Nitrous is widely used..I have to go to a funeral home right now but when I get back I will give you names many of them including me...but to leave you with a surprising thought many engines are hurt for being to Fat on the fuel side lifting ring lands therefore hurting whataver happens to be in its path...i will answer more of your question later....trust me hurting a engine using Nitrous is not a myth..i promise you. 8)[/quote]

I DID NOTICE THIS YEAR WHEN I WAS RESEARCHING THE NOS JETS, THEY HAVE A NEW JETTING CHART WHICH I DIDNT KNOW, COMPARING TO MY OLD PAPERWORK WITH THE NEW CHART AND THEY HAVE DROPPED THE FUEL SIDE JETTING ALOT... I CALLED THE TECH AND HE SAID MOST OF ALL THE OLD KITS WERE WAY TO FAT ON THE FUEL SIDE..
THANKS
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevynovaman
i run 10.5 Outlaw series where Nitrous is widely used..I have to go to a funeral home right now but when I get back I will give you names many of them including me...but to leave you with a surprising thought many engines are hurt for being to Fat on the fuel side lifting ring lands therefore hurting whataver happens to be in its path...i will answer more of your question later....trust me hurting a engine using Nitrous is not a myth..i promise you. 8)
I DID NOTICE THIS YEAR WHEN I WAS RESEARCHING THE NOS JETS, THEY HAVE A NEW JETTING CHART WHICH I DIDNT KNOW, COMPARING TO MY OLD PAPERWORK WITH THE NEW CHART AND THEY HAVE DROPPED THE FUEL SIDE JETTING ALOT... I CALLED THE TECH AND HE SAID MOST OF ALL THE OLD KITS WERE WAY TO FAT ON THE FUEL SIDE..
THANKS[/quote]

With big shots of nitrous it all depends on how each engine is designed. What kind of heads, combustion chamber work, cam, timing, etc. There are so many factors that come with running big amounts of nitrous.
It's easy to get by with 100 to 200hp of it and have fun with it. However even that will find the weak links such as driveshafts, axles, u joints, etc. Popular thing around here is to buy a used 6.0 chevy and put a ton of nitrous on it till she blows. They're tuff, cheap motors and the guys usually just laugh when they come apart.
Nothing is more fun than having a motor that you don't care if it blows up or not. There usually the ones that last the longest too.

To agree with the statement that all of the older suggestions are way fat is an understatement. SpeedTech's suggestion sheet is so fat (4 point spread) most want make it down the track once without problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -