Gutted the interior

Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

YEEEHAAaaa...LOVE IT !
Old 11-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Came home early, starting getting everything together to install the trans, pop open the torque converter box and damn, wrong converter! :evil:

Heading over to Winner Circle in Peoria tomorrow, hope they have one in stock or its gonna be another week before shes back on the road...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Only one word....ARRRRRG !
Old 12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Scored a TCI Breakaway torque converter from Winners Circle

The trans sitting on the tranny jack would not slide under the car from any angle so I set it on the creeper then lifted it up on the jack with some help from a friend

Everything went together great and surprisingly easy, took my time, cleaned everything and Loctited every nut and bolt.

Car is on cribs so the rear suspension is loaded, I do believe that the mystery broken trans has been solved. The driveshaft is to long! The yoke is all the way forward and I can not get the rear joint in, I could if the rear suspension was lowered but this tells me that I must have bottomed it out that day when the trans broke. :cry:

I knew that Brian, the previous owner, had converted the car from a SB 4-speed to a BB Turbo 400. I bet he put it together on a hoist and just changed the yoke not noticing the difference in the yoke length. its a bummer but at least now I know what really happened, it had me baffled for a long time.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:19 AM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Chris,Some of the 400's have an o ring on the output shaft in past the yoke bushing,they use a yoke that the splines are resessed to let it slide over the o ring when going into the trans.If your's has an o ring on the output and the yoke has splines all the way to the end the o ring might be stoping it from going all the way in.Just a thought.Nice car.Bill.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Bill thanks for the input, I double checked with my builder and the output shaft doesnt have the o-ring. I am dropping off the drive shaft in the morning to get it shortened. I was hoping to take her out for a cruise today, its almost 60 degrees out at 10am and would have been a great day for a ride.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well done Harb... glad you payed attention to the length with suspension loaded & caught that!! BTW: you are braver than I to install a headliner... I have always feared them... she looks good.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well I am somebody! The NastyZ28 forum calender is finally out and my Camaro is the August cover car!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Congrats!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scooterz
Well done Harb... glad you payed attention to the length with suspension loaded & caught that!! BTW: you are braver than I to install a headliner... I have always feared them... she looks good.
Scoot I figured what the hell on the headliner, I did a bunch of research online and just took my sweet time. I glued a small section and would let it setup and then move a little farther down. It took me a total of about 6 hours and I piddled around working on some other stuff while the glue was drying in each section. The only thing I would have done different was to maybe lightly iron the headliner before the install to get all the wrinkles out. It wasnt warm enough to lay it out in the sun that day. I did use a small steamer on a section and it worked fairly well. I am sure over time things will settle in. All the bows are tight and all the corners are secure so I was pretty happy with the results for being my first time installing one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -