Gutted the interior

Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
My request for in car video/audio of that 'test run' , is officially presented !

Sir I will do my best to oblige you if she sees the road again before the snow hits the ground!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

What is the trans/converter again? Ever figure out why the housing cracked? I love a nasty shift kit. A buddy of mine has a 2nd gen years back & the dash had huge crack down the middle from the damage of 2nd gear (jarred the whole dash to oblivion). Nice healthy tight chirp even in casual traffic. LOL... enough to spill a drink at least.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

It had a 3500 stall with a Turbo 400. Trans guy is rebuilding my case and installing a Ultra-Bell housing and that should keep that part from cracking again. I am putting a 2200 stall back in since the 3500 was way to much for a street car with 3:08 rear gears. The rear trans mount was broke, the vibration loosend the passenger side lower bellhousing bolt and the crack started there and worked it way across. Thank goodness I wasnt getting on her hard when it happened, could have been a lot worse! The trans already has a great shift kit, valve body setup and most of the internals were salvagable. Front pump was toast from the converter walking in and out for the short time I drove after the housing cracked. I hope my trans guy gets it done by Thursday, I have 4 days off with nothing to do so it would be nice to get her back together.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

3:08's are nice all around driving gears... great on freeway too. I have 3:36 & they are fun w/ a 4spd (not too high/too low). Your pump- I wonder how much the actual pump has to do with the shift quality?? I have ridden in many cars with shift kits... some were just little jerk shifts & others were EPIC events when they shifted. I always wondered what makes them so different?? They were all fast shifting shift kits, but some the whole car would lunge forward into a huge shift & others just a little scratch. I wonder what makes them feel so different- I am sure torque, tight possi w/ gears etc... all contributes, but there has to be more to it than that. I didn't mean to hijack... I just always wondered about this.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Most shift kits are based off making changes in the valve body. Making larger or smaller holes in certain passages in the valve body change fluid flow and change the shift rate. My car has a firm and hard shift at just partial throttle but I can leave hard in 1st and get the pedal almost all the way to the floor (trying to keep the back tires from breaking loose) but as soon as I hit 2nd it will will just tear the tires loose and I have to back outta the throttle to keep her from getting to loose. Roll back into the throttle and hit 3rd she will lay a strip down hard at about 75mph. I have had lots of small blocks, but the big block is just a huge torque beast!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I installed the headliner, what a pain in the butt! It looks so much better, put in the new PUI visors and I dyed the quarter panel and sail panel trim while I had it all out. I still swear by the SEM dye, they look great. Also painted the metal A-pillar and upper trim moldings.

Transmission should be back at the beginning of the week, cant wait its been over 2 months since she has been on the road.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

LOOKIN' GOOD Mano !

Yer gonna need snow tires for that test drive !

:P :P :P :P :P
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

LOOKIN SWEET!!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Finally got the trans back, all fresh with the J&W Ultrabell housing. Changed the 3500 stall out for a 2400 to make it more compatible with street driving. Hope to get it back together over the weekend!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Very nice, going to take a lot to brake that one! Good luck hope it works out good for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -