Gutted the interior

Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

You guys can have all that snow. The florida sunshine "rainy state" i will take over the snow any day.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Harbone
Dropped the trans off at Sloans Racing Transmission down in Havana today. I have known Jimmy Sloan since high school and he is one of the best racing trans builders in the state of Illinois. His specialty is Powerglides but he is just as good with any other automatic. Going to cut whats left of the bellhousing off and install a JW Ultra Bell housing, go through the rest of the trans and make it all good again. Hope to get it back in a week or two so I can get a couple more cruises out of her before the harsh reality of winter hits!
As Im sure already know that's a common problem with stock F bodys even with frame connectors. solid mounts on engine makes it worse. I would go with the poly on the engine and stock on trans to allow it to move a little with the body flex. Im betting it started to crack before you bought it seeing you haven't been racing with it...get her back on the road....she's to pretty to sit!! :wink:
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Mike I am looking at the poly engine mounts, that big block shakes the hell out of everything at idle in gear! Once I get the trans back in the engine mounts will be a breeze to do without having to do a whole lot. take the carb off, use a lift plate and do them one at a time.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Harbonious:

LOL!!! Amazing how a cam can make so many little things rattle. You know how well a car is put back together when it has a lopey cam @ idle.... because everything rattles that is not buttoned up!!!! Had things like stupid interior clips, deck/pillar molding, etc... not pass the idle test in a few Chevelles. I like the poly mount idea too.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Car has been sitting on cribs for 6 weeks now waiting to get my tranny back

Thought I might as well pull out the headliner, wasnt to bad and once I got all the moldings off it just pulled right off.

Going to paint the moldings and dye the sail panels while I have it apart. That should be the last of the interior restore.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

might want to roll some por 15 on that there roof....
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The pic is deceiving, its not rust just primer and some of the original brown paint. I have some time before the headliner will show up so I might just put some sound deadner up there.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

"Bitchin' Camaro"... she has been massaged in just about every area. Very nice Chris... it would be hard to get rid of this one.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I am starting to get pretty attached to her Scooter. Hell shes been sitting on the cribs for almost 2 months since I pulled the tranny out and I still take time to find things to fix, polish or just wipe the dust off of. I am hoping my trans gets back this week, I have a 4 day weekend so it would be nice to install the trans and take her for a cruise before the weather here turns to total crap.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

My request for in car video/audio of that 'test run' , is officially presented !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -