Gutted the interior

Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Dont tempt me Ken! I have seen the pics of your toys and place on your profile and would love to come hang out with you! I might have to take the long way to florida next spring and swing by to finally meet you in person!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-05-2012, 02:29 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Now if one of us would just hit the lottery we'd all have gas money to saddle up and meet at Kens for a BBQ or sumthin' !
Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well after searching for 3 weeks I found a nice set of licensed GM dogdish police style center caps. I thought it looked cool with the lug nuts showing but the caps make it just look sweet! 8)

Old 05-27-2012, 03:41 PM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

More better !!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It never ceases to amaze me how just changing a simple thing like hubcaps can completely change the demeanor of a car !
Just bare wheels screams RACECAR(greasy T shirt and torn jeans), and adding caps scream CRUIZER(3 pc suit and tie with eye candy on your arm).
I love the looks of this car both ways, 'bone ! The Orange with a little black and chrome and you've NAILED the stance perfectly 8) 8) 8) 8)
Now, how's it handle ? You done any lefty/righty stuff yet ?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

It handles better than I thought it would Duane, it has the large factory front sway bar and a Z28 rear sway bar. I am ordering solid bushings for the subframe along with some Heidt's subframe connectors this week just to tighten her up a little bit more. Next step is gonna be the Hotchkis TVS kit with front coils, rear springs and sway bars.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:09 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Then a 4 point hoop, 5 point belts, on board fire suppression system, stickygumbo's on all 4 corners, YEAH ! Slap a number on it and "Let's go RACIN'!"
Old 06-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Picked up the subframe connectors from the powdercoater Friday night. I also received my Global West solid subframe bushings. Sat down Friday night and put together some cribs.

Got home Saturday night about 8pm and decided to knock out the subframe bushings. Did the back 4 with the car sitting on the floor. I did not loosen the bolts at the radiator support. My car had been taken apart about 15 years ago so lucky for me the bolts came right out. Put a jack with a short 2x6 at the front floorboard cross support. Took me maybe an hour at the most. Put the car up on the cribs this morning and knocked out the front body mounts on the radiator support.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Next was the Heidts bolt on subframe connectors. 4 holes drilled in the sides of the subframe and the rear attaches with a u-bolt through exsisting holes in the frame behind the front spring pearch. Plenty of ground clearance and no interference on the floorboards.

I could tell an immediate difference, my whole dash and even the hood would shake like crazy at idle in gear. The car feels tight, my bushings were not that bad but the big block is on solid mounts with a pretty big cam and it shakes the heck out of the whole car. The dash and hood isnt jumping around

Old 06-29-2012, 05:23 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

one sweet car bone and glad to see ya go with the flat caps just sets the rims off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -