Rons

Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

No ''Zip'' I don't have less respect for you i now have alot more :!: you kept telling me the toliet would work and after getting ahold of the right person, Dang you were right and i do thank you for that :!: Sometimes we need to just shut up long enough to listen and learn. The good lord gave us two ears and one mouth there was a reason for that :!: :!: A friend of mine has a 89 daytona with a 468 BBC in it :!:
Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by mopar1968
This is what i got from Ron's;

I don't recommend using a mechanical fuel injection system with gasoline for many reasons. In an injected application gasoline is best suited in the EFI arena. Sorry.

James Monroe
812-327-1190
www.KillerRONS.COM

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 12:30 AM
Subject: pill's etc

I need to check on parts to switch a flying toliet over to gas. What all will i need for the injection unit?
Wrong,Wrong,Wrong

Mopar you have a PM, the toilet will work just fine on gas, you have to have a forced induction pump such as a "0" front mounted pump, it's so easy to run you'll never go back to a carberator, and yes i run one and so does 2 other friends run them and no i don't work for Rons.
Injection is the simpliest system in the world to run be it a toilet,stacks or a hat, they are drop dead easy to run once you learn the basics. I've been running them for over 40 yrs, blown gas, blown alcohol, stacks, hats and toilet bowls.

Zip.
zip what are the pros and cons of the toilet vs the terminator type set up ? I know several guys that love the terminator set up but don't know anyone that runs a toilet.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:59 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Todd, i think the terminator is much better for a big inch motor, it comes with a 4150 base or a 4500 base, i think the terminator has a much better distribution(airwise) setup than the toilet, which comes with a 4150 base, I know that the intake is very critical with a toilet, and most run a spacer or a harricane type high rise manifold in order to get the full effects of the toilet. You can also get 2100 CFM with a terminator, VS 1800 CFM with a toilet. the one thing i donot like about Rons system is the belt mounted drive. I don't like the the long bolt thru front crank drive, i prefer and use the Enderle or DSR harmonic balancer mounted belt drive.
As David said in an earlier the window on tuning gas is much narrower than on alcohol and you probably have to have a bigger selection of pills on hand to stay in the window. But you can change from gas to alcohol in less than an hour by just changing out the nozzle drop-ins, the return pill and recaliberating the leakdown on the barrel valve. I will say that anyone running any brand of injection on gas or alcohol should have a leakdown tester in their tool box.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Top452
SHOW GUEST

If one had 86 pill and 39 nozzels on meth what would they start with on gas.I have also always wanted to try gas. Every body said not to do it.
Thanks Don
Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Top452
SHOW GUEST

If one had 86 pill and 39 nozzels on meth what would they start with on gas.I have also always wanted to try gas. Every body said not to do it.
Thanks Don
Old 12-26-2010, 02:13 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Top452
Thanks Don
33% smaller on the nozzle, 67% bigger on the pill and roll the barrel valve back from 22% to 10/12% leakdown and you'll be close, atleast close enough that it will run and you can tune from there.

You could also call Rons in Az. and run those #'s by his tech dept. I may be off a little but i don't think much.

JMO

Zip.