I take that back,,I am sure I would have crapped before I got to the top :lol:
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
wrightway
SENIOR BUILDER

video has be removed :cry: :evil:
Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

About the Missing Video (Stairway to Heaven)
Posted in Safety, TheOLE.Org, Tower on September 15th, 2010 by Russell Brown – 4 Comments

took this from the site of video

First off I want to thank everyone for the great response I got on the video “Stairway to Heaven”, it was really much more than I could have hoped for. Now, having said that I am also very sorry that I could not keep the video up for you to share with your friends and family. I truly am sorry, I can see from the comments how popular it was and that’s why I want to explain what happened.

The footage of the climb came from a friend of mine that does this type of work, I have know him for several years and he has helped me many times in the past. Recently he gave me this video he shot on one of his jobs. I showed him the edited video and he approved it and I put it up on TheOnLineEngineer.Org and You Tube over the weekend. On Monday he was getting calls from colleagues telling him that they were concerned about what the video showed. His world is a very small one, and you don’t want to bite the hand that feeds you! Some facility owners are pretty uptight about liability and such and may not hire him if they think he does not take safety seriously.

So he asked me to take it down, and I did. That was Monday morning (Sep 13, 2010). Today (Sep 15) he told me it was up on You Tube, by the time I looked at it it had over 77,000 views. It was on more than a dozen websites. The chance that someone important would see it was increasing rapidly. So the video most of you saw was one that had been ripped off from my website before I took it down. I wrote asking the guy who put it up to take it down but got no response so I contacted You Tube.

Once again I am sorry about pulling the video, I know that every time I looked at it my legs got weak, there’s no way I could do that type of work. AND THATS MY POINT – I need this guy who made the video, we plan to do more of them, but it won’t happen if he can’t get work because he’s been black listed by the industry. He’s also my friend and I don’t want to see him get hurt because of some video I put up on the internet.

We have had two offers to broadcast this video, a request to submit it to a film festival in France, over 118,000 views on You Tube. This was all much more than we had ever planned for or thought would happen.

AS SOON AS WE CAN WE WILL HAVE MORE VIDEOS ABOUT TOWER CLIMBING, in the mean time please be patient.

And once again thank you for all the comments.

Russ
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wrightway
video has be removed :cry: :evil:

It was a video made while free climbed to the top of a 1758 ft tower to work on an antenna.The top of it was barely big enough for THEM to stand on.There were two of them and one had a 30 lb tool bag hanging from him. they took elevator to the 1600 ft mark and then climbed a ladder the rest of the way...without a cage around them just pegs sticking out from the tower he had a camera on MY head.

the 1758 ft tower is taller than the Empire state building and Sears tower
Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

did you notice how close the clouds were, man
Old 09-16-2010, 03:52 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

If I were in better shape I would like to try it to see if I could. What I thought was funny was when the narrator said, (at the 6:50 mark) "here is the tricky part". It all is pretty tricky.

Curtis
Old 09-16-2010, 04:10 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

NO..NO..NOT EVEN AT GUN POINT.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Nuts... outta get paid VERY well for that I hope!! Personally, I would rather got off racing 3" from the wall @ 198MPH... at least there is no delay in trauma when it comes... You fall from 1758 ft in the air & you will have time to crap your pants, say a prayer, maybe call the wife one last time too... no freakin' thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Nuts... outta get paid VERY well for that I hope!! Personally, I would rather got off racing 3" from the wall @ 198MPH... at least there is no delay in trauma when it comes... You fall from 1758 ft in the air & you will have time to crap your pants, say a prayer, maybe call the wife one last time too... no freakin' thanks.
Maybe we could throw the scammers from RJ off the top. That would give them plenty of time to think of all the guys they scammed before they splat :idea: .
Old 09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It's back!
I didn't watch the whole video the other day. I gotta agree no freaking way I'm going to the top of that one.

http://video.yahoo.com/network/10114...4494&l=5144241

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -