NHRA LICENSE

Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
My seat belts have been used for a total of 4 passes and now they are expired.?
Will someone please explain to me how a material such as nylon that seemingly lasts forever in a landfill is only "safe" in a racecar for 3 years?

IMO, somebody is getting some major kickbacks from the seatbelt manufactuers :wink:
Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

2 years Charlie, but if you use the factory seatbelts in your 65 chevelle, they're good forever???? How does the scattershield, on the gearbox, of your tranny, need recerting?? Glendale, is getting rich from kickbacks. :x
Old 09-06-2010, 10:46 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

2 years??? well I'll be dipped in dogchit, I knew there was a reason I only race at mom and pop tracks.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Wow this is outta hand.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:36 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Here's my take for what it's worth...do what's necessary to get it certified, get liscensed, keep your sfi dates current, and you can race anywhere without worrying about it. Yes it all costs money, yes some of it seems unnecessary, but if you really want cheap, stay home and play cards.....or knit.

Johnny
Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

hey tod, they make you race in your underwear the first few runs
to see if you can hold your own, hee ha, and then see how you do
eating a burger shifting gears and all this while driving around
safty cones, and don't forget, they have parallel parking,
hee ha good luck bud,
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

It's always rough when I have to replace perfectly good components because of the date stamped on it, but that feeling is gone when I send my Mom down a green track on a 10 second pass or I let go of the button in a 7 second Altered on a track that is having trouble holding 10 second cars.

I don't think I could come up with anything better than NHRA if I had to think of all factors for everybody.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I have always though the belt rule was a little much but I think they probably consider the worst case scenario for belt life. I was told the belt rule was put in place after Lee Shepherd died and that was attributed to belt failure. I had a chassis tech guy tell me that most of NHRA's safety rules are put in place as the result of an injury or death after a crash. The last time I replaced my belts I did find a place in one that was damaged from abrasion that couldn't be seen with the belts in the car so now I think maybe it's not such a bad idea. I've been on my roof in a race car once and it really makes you appreciate all of this bothersome safety crap :shock: .
Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

sorry guys--but alot of NHRA rules and specs are nothing but money making schemes--i promise you that any product they insist on /they make money on [one way or another]

i am VERY SAFETY minded but i am not stupid when it comes to dealing with jerks :?

my car will not certify at one NHRA track but is legal at another NHRA track--what is wrong with that picture

i stand by my thought[NHRA IS JUST LIKE OUR GOVERNMENT--THEY KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU SO TURN AROUND AND CLOSE YOUR EYES :cry: :evil: :twisted:

LIVELY
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

If it's all for the money, why is it that anybody involved on any side is broke?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service