Why do some circle trackers race 80's muscle cars?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 PM
  #51  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
zip, he want be able to make it because he has to home by 12:00.
Come to think of it those were some good times, but a long time ago. lol
Actually here in MS with the license I have I have to be off the road at 10pm!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And gas is the biggest problem! :lol: :lol: :lol:
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
  #52  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Best time of the night was 10.46!! 1/8th mile (600 ft)
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
  #53  
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE
 
bjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Greenville s.c.
Posts: 3,239
Default

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bjuice
Zip i know about where that Girl lived...she said she was 19 but when i looked at her profile pics she looked 14 to me (tod i agree she was cute..just like a puppy is cute IMO).....her brother in the pic was like 6 yrs old....ya gotta be careful with that kinda of crap on here (internet)......and yes her profile has been deleted entirely....wonder why ?

so in short i know nothing about her although she claimed to know some of the same people i knew a long time ago...

Now Tia if you happen to read this its nothing personal just suspicious as hell...i been on here 8 years and see all kinds of people come and go...
I agree that she looked young, but she also had a lot of tatoos (which i don't like and told her so) I don't think you can get tat's ligitamatly at younger than 18 yrs. old. Sorry i was under the opinion that you knew the 30 something person (drag racer) that she was supposedly going out with. Didn't mean to bring you into something i didn't know about.

Zip.
none taken here Zip.....Seth We got a 69 camaro street driven all stock from Factory..93 octane pump gas, thru the Mufflers, footbrake..D.O.T. ET Streets...and my wife has run a 7.60 @91 mph....Not to Shabby for a 40 yr old mom that does Hair for a living...she just likes to get behind a wheel every now and then...no kind of competitive racing involved (just playing)..except for a few years back..i took her to the track on a sunday and me and another guy that had his wife with him that had a mustang...we paired them up and my wife dusted her britches...best 2 out of 3
__________________
Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
bjuice is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:42 PM
  #54  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bjuice
Zip i know about where that Girl lived...she said she was 19 but when i looked at her profile pics she looked 14 to me (tod i agree she was cute..just like a puppy is cute IMO).....her brother in the pic was like 6 yrs old....ya gotta be careful with that kinda of crap on here (internet)......and yes her profile has been deleted entirely....wonder why ?

so in short i know nothing about her although she claimed to know some of the same people i knew a long time ago...

Now Tia if you happen to read this its nothing personal just suspicious as hell...i been on here 8 years and see all kinds of people come and go...
I agree that she looked young, but she also had a lot of tatoos (which i don't like and told her so) I don't think you can get tat's ligitamatly at younger than 18 yrs. old. Sorry i was under the opinion that you knew the 30 something person (drag racer) that she was supposedly going out with. Didn't mean to bring you into something i didn't know about.

Zip.
none taken here Zip.....Seth We got a 69 camaro street driven all stock from Factory..93 octane pump gas, thru the Mufflers, footbrake..D.O.T. ET Streets...and my wife has run a 7.60 @91 mph....Not to Shabby for a 40 yr old mom that does Hair for a living...she just likes to get behind a wheel every now and then...no kind of competitive racing involved (just playing)..except for a few years back..i took her to the track on a sunday and me and another guy that had his wife with him that had a mustang...we paired them up and my wife dusted her britches...best 2 out of 3
Yea thats what I do mainly for fun. My truck weighs 5500 lbs and has stock 88 tuned port injection 305/350 IDK which one but has smog crap still on it and a 700r4 tranny with the stock limited slip rear end under it. And I hope to put intake/carb with some vortec heads and headers on it sometime but really dialed in on getting my camaro done hauling that heavy truck is just to big of a hassle when your just gonna make 3 or 4 passes!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:45 PM
  #55  
mopar1968
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
mopar1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Abingdon,Virginia
Posts: 3,579
Default

Is it me or isn't a 1/8 th mile 660 feet :?: If it is 600 feet then i have been running my car more than i need to :!: :?
mopar1968 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:48 PM
  #56  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Is it me or isn't a 1/8 th mile 660 feet :?: If it is 600 feet then i have been running my car more than i need to :!: :?
1/8th mile is 660 ft I just put 600ft because I didn't want you to think it was a full 1/8th mile track. this is a little community track basically.
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 PM
  #57  
mopar1968
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
mopar1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Abingdon,Virginia
Posts: 3,579
Default

I race at Bristol Dragway so we run 660 ft, So did you measure this out on a dirt road or gravel :?:
mopar1968 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
  #58  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by mopar1968
I race at Bristol Dragway so we run 660 ft, So did you measure this out on a dirt road or gravel :?:
HUH? dirt road? gravel? I ran it at pickwick dragway in Michie,TN. http://pickwickdragway.com/ it's a small 600ft dragstrip.
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 PM
  #59  
zipper06
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: La.
Posts: 2,890
Default

Seth you're missing the point, bracket racing is not about how fast you can go. If i remember correctly a couple weeks ago your logo said i don't know how too build them but i can drive the hell out of them. Bracket racing is how good does your hand,eye, and foot work together. Your truck can 10's and you can win money if you can drive consistently and the truck will run close to the same #'s, that's what it's all about and that's why i said you need some seat time before you can be a real racer.

Mopar, there's four tracks in No. Miss. that they call 1/8 mi. tracks but in fact are shorter. Them being Pick Wick, Fulton, Blue Mountain, and Byhalia about 600 ft.. There may be more but i don't know them, Jackson Miss.(Byram) is only 500 ft. and used to be a NHRA certified track. the reason they don't run a full 1/8 mi. is because there are some scary fast cars in the area and stopping is a problem, even with hanging out the laundry. Case in point a few weeks ago a promod car at Holly Springs full 1/8 went 3.91 @ 187 and dropping the laundry before he hit the first mph lite. Another guy in Tupelo Ms. holds the nat'l record at 3.63 @ 217 for the 1/8 mi.

Zip.
zipper06 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 PM
  #60  
mopar1968
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
mopar1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Abingdon,Virginia
Posts: 3,579
Default

Dang Zip 3.63 that's quick :!:
mopar1968 is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service