WTF!!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:14 PM
  #21  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by mopar1968
If it were not for Chebbies'' there wouldn't have been a Cash For Clunker's, And junk Yards wouldn't exist :!: :lol: :lol:
Theres good and bad in all of them I mean my dad had me into Dodge trucks when I was a kid but I finally saw the light and now I have 2 Chevrolet's now you can say what you want about the junkyards the reason they are full is because Chevy could actually sale a vehicle thats why you hardly see mopars/fords at the track!! And usually if its a mustang what do they have in them now SBC/BBC because they are cheap to run and cheap to build and last a good long while!!! You can get a good amount of HP per dollar with a chevy and mopar/ford well frankly they are high to build and if you buy a mopar body usually they are high if you find a good one the reason chevy bodies are cheaper is because they are more plentyfull because unlike chevy owners the product was to good to be crushed like a mopar/ford they'd rather crush a mopar/ford than let a chevy body get crushed so they just put chevy's in junkyards!! And another reason you don't see many mopars/fords is because the quality of the metal is to poor that they just rot into the ground!!
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:17 PM
  #22  
burnskustomz
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Booneville,Ms
Posts: 505
Default

Lively has a good example of a Ford look at his picture its just a frame his body rotted off of it LMAO JK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
burnskustomz is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
  #23  
Tod74
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,143
Default

I have posted this before but it is worth repeating since the thread went that way.

The funniest thing I've seen on a car was a guy that had a holley carburator bolted to the center of his hood with a big chrome air cleaner on it. :lol:
Tod74 is offline  
Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 AM
  #24  
mopar1968
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
mopar1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Abingdon,Virginia
Posts: 3,579
Default

Yeah ''Burn's '' I quit wearing diapers grew up and bought a Mopar :!: :lol: :lol:
mopar1968 is offline  
Old 06-18-2010, 06:52 AM
  #25  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,295
Default

We need some pics of some of these "Rot Rods"



Originally Posted by Tod74
I have posted this before but it is worth repeating since the thread went that way.

The funniest thing I've seen on a car was a guy that had a holley carburator bolted to the center of his hood with a big chrome air cleaner on it. :lol:
This and you telling us about your first trip to the drag strip are the funniest things I've ever seen on RJ. Maybe any forum!
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 AM
  #26  
Scooterz
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: EUGENE,OR.
Posts: 3,408
Default

Well men,

I try to stay out of the brand comparison or bashing ... here is why:

GM made the Citation/Chevette...
Chrysler made the Aries "K" Cars...
Ford made the Pinto/Escort
Pontiac even made a "GTO" after 1972... not cool w/me.
Buick... seen some very undesirable rides.
AMC they made a "Matador/Hornet" ?????
Olds made all those 80's front wheel drive cars that nobody wanted.

As far as the good muscle produced from all of the above, I like them all. but they all came up w/ some bad ones too.
Scooterz is offline  
Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 PM
  #27  
Tod74
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,143
Default

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
We need some pics of some of these "Rot Rods"



Originally Posted by Tod74
I have posted this before but it is worth repeating since the thread went that way.

The funniest thing I've seen on a car was a guy that had a holley carburator bolted to the center of his hood with a big chrome air cleaner on it. :lol:
This and you telling us about your first trip to the drag strip are the funniest things I've ever seen on RJ. Maybe any forum!
It's funny now but it sure wasn't at the time.
Tod74 is offline  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:54 PM
  #28  
dragonmaster093
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kingsport tn
Posts: 1,735
Default

long time ago a guy bolted a bugcatcher on the hood of 70's datsun back home they classified these and res rods
dragonmaster093 is offline  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
  #29  
Tod74
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,143
Default

Originally Posted by Rigsby
OK That's two recommendations...

1. BUTT-ROD
2. Radial Racer

Post up if there are some other good names for these timeless & amazing white trash jalopy's. Keep in mind, if one of these species tries to tell you it is a "Rat Rod" they drive, we can't let them get away with that nonsense. These vehicles are in their own class... they really need a good name.
How about

"Jackass"
Tod74 is offline  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
  #30  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,295
Default

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by Rigsby
OK That's two recommendations...

1. BUTT-ROD
2. Radial Racer

Post up if there are some other good names for these timeless & amazing white trash jalopy's. Keep in mind, if one of these species tries to tell you it is a "Rat Rod" they drive, we can't let them get away with that nonsense. These vehicles are in their own class... they really need a good name.
How about

"Jackass"
Are you saying call 'em " Jackass Rods"?? LOL

I say call 'em Rot Rods. They're not " hot" rods and most are probably half rotten! lol
TheRabbit is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service