looking for some motors

Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 AM
littlehotrod
MASTER BUILDER

yall ant right lol!!!i have a 86 442 olds that im building and its about there..i hope i can get it down in the 6s thru an 1/8..i had a buick regal that ran 630s in an 1/8 and it had so much power it twisted the frame..it had a 406 in it with 411 gears..My olds has a 9 inch with 488 gears..im ready to get it going soon im ready to go back to the races.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:38 AM
littlehotrod
MASTER BUILDER

i was going to put that Big Block in it but i dont have the extra money to build it right now..So thats why i reather stick with a small block cause it dont take near as much money to build them..but i found a set of heads for 1,800 and i thought that was high for a cast head..i got to looking for more heads and they are high as heak..So i reather stick to my small block..not unless i find a good set of desant heads for the big block then i would keep it and just build it instead..thats whats holding me up right now is getting me a set of heads for it..
Old 09-24-2009, 06:55 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by littlehotrod
i was going to put that Big Block in it but i dont have the extra money to build it right now..So thats why i reather stick with a small block cause it dont take near as much money to build them..but i found a set of heads for 1,800 and i thought that was high for a cast head..i got to looking for more heads and they are high as heak..So i reather stick to my small block..not unless i find a good set of desant heads for the big block then i would keep it and just build it instead..thats whats holding me up right now is getting me a set of heads for it..
find some GM 990 steel heads usually can find them for a decent price and they work well
Old 09-24-2009, 02:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats ok I will give him a run for his money.

I'm gonna hopefully get 9's out of it when I am done with it. Hopefluuy without NOS. I hate NOS.
Don't like NOS ????....WHAT ?????

I wasn't gonna tell anyone but Dirka came to S.C. last Week and i strapped him in the Nova and turn on 2 stages.....i got a Pic of Him when i turned the Button loose.....LMAO

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats ok I will give him a run for his money.

I'm gonna hopefully get 9's out of it when I am done with it. Hopefluuy without NOS. I hate NOS.
Don't like NOS ????....WHAT ?????

I wasn't gonna tell anyone but Dirka came to S.C. last Week and i strapped him on the Nova and turn on 2 stages.....i got a Pic of Him when i turned the Button loose.

Nope dont like NOS. I have seen many engines blow up due to NOS. I know it was prolly error on the driver but still. I cant take any chances right now with NOS. :twisted: :twisted:

BTW........

I didnt know I looked THAT bad did I?? :twisted: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-24-2009, 02:51 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default NOS

If you don't know what you're doing, no engine is safe. NOS is only as good as the person who sets it up. It is the cheapest way to get the bang for your buck. I have never used it, but I know many who have, and they say they would never go back to naturally aspirated. Kind of like going back to dial up internet.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Dirka u know i am Messing with ya...lol..

Fla1976 couldn't have said it any better.....if you know what your Doing Nos is the ticket.......i can never go back to natural aspirated after getting a taste of the Nos....Its hard to describe how it feels on a Big Cube Engine getting after it on the Hit.....ask Topsportsman......lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-24-2009, 03:11 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

See the carnage,LOL Some peoples kids.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...57&postcount=1
Old 09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1

Thats what I am scared of. I cant afford to replace an engine if I screw up with NOS. Thats why I wont run it.

Bjuice I know you were just messin. I wasnt trying to come off like an jerk. I was tyring to come off a lil smartazzy at the same time.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1

Thats what I am scared of. I cant afford to replace an engine if I screw up with NOS. Thats why I wont run it.

Bjuice I know you were just messin. I wasnt trying to come off like an jerk. I was tyring to come off a lil smartazzy at the same time.
i know.. its all Good My man...I will not mention names but back a few years ago we had a Guy on here that was suppose to be one of Us and to cut to the chase he was just Nutz..Several people complained about him thru Pm's to Tom and Myself....Finally the Guy got Booted for being an A$$....But the thing that Got me and Tom was that 3 or 4 of the same Guys that was talking Chit on this Guy behind his back....followed him when he got booted....Freaking Un-real.....
again i will not say any names...but those who were here 3 and 4 years ago can figure it out...can you say TWO-FACE !!!!

this is part of the reason for My signature.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -