WTH !!!!????....

Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

A lot of companys figure they own their employees, and don't want us screwing up their livestock.

Hard liquor sneaks up on a guy sometimes, I only drink tanglefoot, for medicinal purposes.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:45 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

corn sqeezins, white lighting, or just fuel, that stuff does not
put hair on your head, it makes it fall off :lol: , not even jed clampitt
would drink it, makes you drive like junior johnson.
i did not drink until my pop died and man, i drank everything
for a yr, you know like in the movies they glup it down, just
like that, went down smooth. but thats over now, thk god :wink:
Old 09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Gent's:

I have battled with drugs & alcohol for many moons in my earlier days. Been to treatment twice, AA, NA, etc... been sober now a long time. To me, a drug is a drug (alcohol included)... if it impairs judgment, then that person should not be in a race-car... under the influence, withdrawing, or hung over. If it is that important to a driver to use on the weekends or even close to a race, then that is BAD judgment... period. If I were in Nascar or Pro-auto sports of any kind, I WOULD NEVER RISK MY TEST BEING DIRTY EVEN IF IT WAS 60DAYS OLD... if that is the rules, why risk it??? I will not share a track w/ someone who is using, withdrawn, hung over, etc... Come on!! Bottom line: if a pro risks their career of a lifetime over a dirty test, then they have a PROBLEM & need help. Tests now can find substances in hair follicles for 90 days and beyond... why would a driver risk that???? JMO
Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I concur.........ZERO means ZERO
Old 09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

the problem is if the star player in any sport is using the big dogs will keep it under wraps,,,,,

untill they kill somebody like that football player that got a slap on the wrist for killing a guy in a DWI crash.

they don't want the pressure of bad poblissaty(I know i did not spell the wright)
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Gent's:

I have battled with drugs & alcohol for many moons in my earlier days. Been to treatment twice, AA, NA, etc... been sober now a long time. To me, a drug is a drug (alcohol included)... if it impairs judgment, then that person should not be in a race-car... under the influence, withdrawing, or hung over. If it is that important to a driver to use on the weekends or even close to a race, then that is BAD judgment... period. If I were in Nascar or Pro-auto sports of any kind, I WOULD NEVER RISK MY TEST BEING DIRTY EVEN IF IT WAS 60DAYS OLD... if that is the rules, why risk it??? I will not share a track w/ someone who is using, withdrawn, hung over, etc... Come on!! Bottom line: if a pro risks their career of a lifetime over a dirty test, then they have a PROBLEM & need help. Tests now can find substances in hair follicles for 90 days and beyond... why would a driver risk that???? JMO
congrat's on your sobriety
Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

scooter you know outlaw isnt just a screen name for me.ive not done any drugs since my 20s but i did drink heavy until 05 when i had my bike wreck(i was stone cold sober )i was addicted to herion from 15 til 17 so i do know about addictions.and liquior.until i was 49. im not sure how i feel about these test because the cant tell the difference between a social drinker and a drunk.or a guy who smokes a joint once in awhile and a pothead.but if its a zero rule and you want to play, follow the rules. period!i build ol skool hotrods and custom bikes for a living. and we are damn good at it.i do body work, paint and weld.i drive and sometimes i race.and i have methodone and oxycontin in my system 24 hrs a day everyday.should i stop building these cars and bikes.if i took a piss test for racing they might not let me make a pass.my levels are extremely high.i COULD NOT get out of bed without these drugs. the pain is to great.but if i had to take drug test to do anything id be sitting on the porch.so im mixed on this one.i sure dont want a guy with a hangover staging next to me, but the guy who had a few in the shop the nite before and feels great.i just dont know.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Gent's:

Me too. I will be sober 10 years if I make it until January 21, 2010. ...It took rehab, jail, and losing my Fiance to wake me up. No she didn't die or nothing, she just got sick and tired of seeing me drunk. Anyway, they always said that the biggest clue that someone has a problem is when they suffer consequences yet continue to use. A certain NASCAR driver comes to mind
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Too much $$$$/women/cars/........................
Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw/Tod:

Please do not take my words as judgment. I have told you my past, I did a lot of drugs, drank like a fish too. Just like Tod, learned many things under the influence & the HARD WAY. First, I have no beef w/ Methadone... saved my butt once actually... but it never made me "high"... just tired... kept me sober for a year too. Outlaw, you are my brutha... you know I love you. If I were you... I would be taking Oxy/Methadone too... to be entirely honest, Heroin is a very effective pain killer & I might use that if I was in enough pain like you. The fact is, I am not in pain so i cannot take those things EVER AGAIN or it will kill me... cause I will not stop. Outlaw, your situation is different & you need medication or you will go nuts dealing with day in, day out pain. As far as going 194MPH in LH circles for 100's of laps, I want to do it w/ sober folks if I have a choice. The difference is Outlaw is probably immune to Opiates, doubt you get "high" anymore unless you are close to OD. As far as drugs in our culture goes, I have no doubt that fine race cars/ hot rods can be produced under the influence of drugs... just like Jimmy Hendrix could play great guitar w/ multiple acid hits soaking in his head under a sweat-band... same thing. There is a lot of things such as art forms done on drugs & we all know that is a fact... like it or not.

As an addict/alcoholic, I cannot "smoke a joint" or "have a beer" etc... my sobriety is the most important thing in my life. Naturally, I cannot relate to the casual user/drinker at all. That said, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE A SICK PERSON LIKE MYSELF IN A RACE CAR UNLESS HE/SHE IS STONE COLD SOBER. Thanks for all your support; it is good to know I am amongst friends here who will not judge me b/c of this... I have been sober from drugs now for 6 years on opiates, 15 on alcohol. Last, I found God this way... he mended me in my worst pathetic state... I was blessed not to die instead. I just told you guys my biggest skeleton I have in my closet. Scooter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -