Nothing Runs Like A Deer.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:03 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
To ''myfordroars'' First of all did i ever say i was a non horse person? Did i ever say i never haul non live or live load's? You know what it means to assume don't you? How do you know i don't have a horse or horse's i have never said either way, If you want to put them to the test I HAVE CHAIN AND WILL HOOK!! I work at a Dodge dealership and right beside of us is a Ford dealership, about 50 yards away, we talk to Ford tech's at lunch everyday, they have said many of times that the international powerstroke is plain and simple a big piece of CRAP!!! My boss has a horse farm, around 30 horses and he said the most any horse trailer your size + truck is around 16,000 lbs, A guy just traded in a 07 Ford f-350, 4x4,4 door show condition, has had 4 engines in it so far, Tickled to death with his new cummins :!: :!: Enough said :!: Do you even know a injector from a injection pump :?: :?:
Ok First of all let me say this. I am not trying to defnd my wife so dont take it like that.

Second I know she wasnt trying to insult anybody on here. She was just trying to point out that a F250 gas will out pull a Dodge 3500 diesel thru her experience. That 16,000 lbs might be with a aluminum trailer also. I have seen many trailers that are way bigger than ours being pulled by Fords or Chebbies. Hardly ever do I see one of those being pulled by a Dodge.

Third- Please dont insult the intelligence of her by asking questions that you feel she will not know due to her being a woman. I can tell you now that yes she does know what the diff is. She gets down and dirty under the hood of a vehicle right alongside of me. Yes she may not know as much as you guys on here. I canhonestly say that I dont know as much as you guys know on here BUT she is still learning and willing to learn everything there is about vehicles.

Now I am done and am getting off my soap box
Old 08-22-2009, 01:27 PM
myfordroars
APPRENTICE

Mopar, im sorry that I offended your manhood, trust me I won't make that mistake of stepping into the ring with you again. I figured since you were a BIG DODGE GUY, you could take the couple of rounds without being offended. And you know what as you were saying about assuming, I guess you made sure BOTH of us looked like a***s. I did assume, but simply because you never did say something.

Im sorry you weren't big enough to take the joke as it was intended and you know what my husband is right, I don't know as much as many of you, but there again I doubt all of you know as much as I do about the horse breeding world either. Or what most of us horse owners prefer to haul. Or what we have hauled with. Or what we can truly do or not do. We all have our own stuff, and I just jumped into the converse,

so you can take your chauvinism and your chauvinistic ways and keep them, im sorry you needed to go there and act like I was just a stupid woman, cause heaven forbid any of us have a brain between our ears and know anything about vehicles, we must all bow down to the mighty man so he can tell us what the difference of everything is.

If you truly must know I do know the difference, and I can replace a fuel injector believe it or not. I can do my own oil changes and most of the time while maybe I can't get technical about EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG with my vehicle, I can explain it and pinpoint it and give some suggestions and know what questions to ask. I can hold my own.

So to all of you, let me put my skirt back on and jump into the kitchen, cause obviously a man can't take the joke, as it was meant without insulting my intelligence.

BTW if you had your own horses and pulled your own trailer you wouldn't have tried to throw it in my face that "your boss" has 30 head, WHOOPY F*** DOOO!!! I have 45 whats your point! And you know what, I run my whole place by myself, all breeding all collecting, all training. And my partner drives a freightliner, and has 220 head on his place right now..... I feel like Im having a p****g match with a buncha boys, but thats right I can't I don't have the right equipment.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
myfordroars
APPRENTICE

And by the way I can spend all day at all the dealerships, listening to their stories about who traded in what and was happier with what, it all boils down to thank God we are individuals and love different things....

And this has to be said.

Im not backing down from you or offended by your point of view but I didn't realize you worked at a dealership, which means I should roll up my tools and back my truck back up, because no can talk shit or bullshit like a dealership guy, and trust me mopar that wasn't meant to be a compliment. I been buying trucks for a long time and you dealership guys always have the same problem..... you think you know it all and you know it better and woman have no clue.... i'll be sorry for you in a few years cause there's a lot more women mechanics and techs coming up from out there...
Old 08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by myfordroars
Mopar, im sorry that I offended your manhood, trust me I won't make that mistake of stepping into the ring with you again. I figured since you were a BIG DODGE GUY, you could take the couple of rounds without being offended. And you know what as you were saying about assuming, I guess you made sure BOTH of us looked like asses. I did assume, but simply because you never did say something.

Im sorry you weren't big enough to take the joke as it was intended and you know what my husband is right, I don't know as much as many of you, but there again I doubt all of you know as much as I do about the horse breeding world either. Or what most of us horse owners prefer to haul. Or what we have hauled with. Or what we can truly do or not do. We all have our own stuff, and I just jumped into the converse,

so you can take your chauvinism and your chauvinistic ways and keep them, im sorry you needed to go there and act like I was just a stupid woman, cause heaven forbid any of us have a brain between our ears and know anything about vehicles, we must all bow down to the mighty man so he can tell us what the difference of everything is.

If you truly must know I do know the difference, and I can replace a fuel injector believe it or not. I can do my own oil changes and most of the time while maybe I can't get technical about EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG with my vehicle, I can explain it and pinpoint it and give some suggestions and know what questions to ask. I can hold my own.

So to all of you, let me put my skirt back on and jump into the kitchen, cause obviously a man can't take the joke, as it was meant without insulting my intelligence.

BTW if you had your own horses and pulled your own trailer you wouldn't have tried to throw it in my face that "your boss" has 30 head, WHOOPY FUCKING DOOO!!! I have 45 whats your point! And you know what, I run my whole place by myself, all breeding all collecting, all training. And my partner drives a freightliner, and has 220 head on his place right now..... I feel like Im having a pissing match with a buncha boys, but thats right I can't I don't have the right equipment.
way to go,well spoken.

she can cook a meal & fix your truck. ops: ops: 8) 8) 8) :arrow:
Old 08-22-2009, 01:47 PM
myfordroars
APPRENTICE

by the way I can wash a mean car and wax it great too!!!

Oh and Im an awesome cook, I got about 20 Army guys who can vouch for me since I cooked for them every weekend!!

LOL, thanks montecarlo
Old 08-22-2009, 05:42 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

You haven't offened my man hood, i am just telling you the truth, people are trading in powerstrokes everyday for dodge trucks, If you check, Dodge is the number one selling truck, must be a reason for this, And as for a gas out pulling a diesel well i dought that, I have worked on both, from 1984 to 1989 i worked at a ford dealership,i agree i worked on the old ''CORN BINDERS'' 6.9-7.3 best diesel international had, another point, our fire dept has a 2004 f-450 with a 6.0, the engine blew at 2800 miles, rescue squad where i am a paramedic for 27 years, has a 06 f-350, has had a engine, two turbo's, endless list, I am going on my experence with diesel engines, a engine with a straight up and down stroke will out pull a v- type engine anyday. Yes a powerstroke will out run a cummins out on the highway, but hit a long hill and see what happens,I know more about diesel engines than gas, have worked on all kinds for almost 30 years now. This diesel you are refering to is this the same diesel your husband said needed injectors?

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 08-22-2009, 05:51 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

My point about my bosses 30 horses wasn't mean't to be a insult, i was just mearly pointing out he pulls horses and know's weight of live animals, he has owned both types of trucks, and now own's a 06 3500 and says it will most surely out pull a powerstroke, sounds like you are the one upset, I just sit here grinning when i respond to you, LOL

Old 08-22-2009, 05:58 PM
myfordroars
APPRENTICE

Well like a true dealership boy, grinning while he's calling someone a liar, and insulting their intelligence, glad you learned your trade well.....

I dont have anything left to say because I believe I covered it all above, and realize that trying to have a war of wits with someone unarmed is never a fair fight.

At least I was grown up enough to realize that everyone has their own taste and be graceful about it, guess thats the stupid woman in me again..... I mean we do mature a lil faster than men...

And sweetheart, you havent seen me upset, be glad you haven't. If I was upset, then it means that what you had to say has some basis, but I honestly thought even you had levels and morals to not stoop to trying to make like an ape and treat me like I was dumb because I have t*** not b****. if you think about it, I guess you could say I have the latter they are just in a different place....

Moreover, since I spent most of my husband's military career with him gone, I've had tons of experience dealing with chauvinistic men, both in the army and while trying to get our things done. It just takes me back to the days and reminds me why I try to not speak with such people. People who like to make our lives harder... but sweetie we army wives, we military wives, we don't break under such strain...
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
You haven't offened my man hood, i am just telling you the truth, people are trading in powerstrokes everyday for dodge trucks, If you check, Dodge is the number one selling truck, must be a reason for this, And as for a gas out pulling a diesel well i dought that, I have worked on both, from 1984 to 1989 i worked at a ford dealership,i agree i worked on the old ''CORN BINDERS'' 6.9-7.3 best diesel international had, another point, our fire dept has a 2004 f-450 with a 6.0, the engine blew at 2800 miles, rescue squad where i am a paramedic for 27 years, has a 06 f-350, has had a engine, two turbo's, endless list, I am going on my experence with diesel engines, a engine with a straight up and down stroke will out pull a v- type engine anyday. Yes a powerstroke will out run a cummins out on the highway, but hit a long hill and see what happens,I know more about diesel engines than gas, have worked on all kinds for almost 30 years now. This diesel you are refering to is this the same diesel your husband said needed injectors?

See the only reason why i will be replacing the injectors is cuz they have over 120,000 miles on them. Its time for them to go and new ones put in. If people would keep up the maintainance on their trucks then they would last longer. Also when the 6.0 first came out yeah they had a ton of probslems. But then again it was a new engine. Also I could have swore that FORD was the top leading truck in sales and not DODGE
Old 08-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

It's all a bunch of tree hugging hippy crap anyway.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service