1972 CHEVELLE

Old 07-30-2009, 01:34 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Welcome Dirk-Diggler, I am called Scooter (long story) & this is a great place for sure... learned many things here from some fine folks.

Diesels: I love them too... all my friends have them & they have HIGH miles. All our vechiles are gas right now however.

Here is my high milage vechile winner that gave almost no problems (I may get teased or called GAY on this) it was a 89' 525 BMW 6cycl. w/ 245,000 miles. I sold 5 years ago & it ran/looked/drove great... good car. Only had to replace an excessivley expense fuel pump once.
YUP, VERY GAY CAR!! ops: ops: :P :P
Old 07-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I know... I put myself out there on that one. I figure I dish out enough teasin' so I must be able to lick my own wounds too. I will say I could not hurt that BMW... tough car for sure.

Dirk- you will be wiser hanging out here. I actually did not understand carburators AT ALL when I came here. The boys here taught me "carb 101". I learned about valve lash too, with no tounge lash from the helpful boys here at RJ. It is has been much more than gear head stuff though...
It is friendship with some good folks. People have been through some tough things here too. Some have died, some have poured out some heavy stuff... we stick up for each other & we support each other well. There have been floods, fires, wrecks... etc When there is a arrogant outsider who picks on someone here, they get all tore up by the RJ wolf pack. You will be in good hands.

Rudy: actaully... I thought you DID MISS that incredibly deep, penetrating comment I made back there. You know I am just teasing ya'... let's not get "stuck" on that... it was kinda dirty... I can't really put my finger on where I was going with it. At least we are not proctologists.

Hemi- You say it was GAY.... I say it was lucky to be driven by a GreatAmericanYankee
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I know I have A LOT to learn when it comes down to working on cars. Yes I do mechanis work on cars. Yes I do body work on cars. But just because I do it doesnt mean i know everything and I tell everybody I talk to that I dont know everything. I have been wrenching on cars since I was 14ish. I am now 31(man I'm old) and I have still yet to build my first engine. Thats why I was hoping with the great guys here on RJ(hint hint) they will help me find(or at least) tell me what the best parts to put into a racing engine as well as teach me the best they could how do to something. I have also tried other forums where all they do is put down each other cuz they think that they are better than everybody else. I am glad my wife sent me this site on yahoo messenger.

Oh and I am thankful that my head is not the only one rolling in the gutter :lol:
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

JUST MESSIN WITH YA SCOOT, IL BET YA NEVER GOT IN TROUBLE DRIVING THE OLE BEAMER. :P
Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy: actaully... I thought you DID MISS that incredibly deep, penetrating comment I made back there. You know I am just teasing ya'... let's not get "stuck" on that... it was kinda dirty... I can't really put my finger on where I was going with it. At least we are not proctologists.

lmaooooooooo scooter, I was laying in the grass like a sniper waiting on his intended victim. I knew you would give me a target sooner or later. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-31-2009, 08:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Scooter, BMW's are nice rides!! At first I was scared you were gonna say you had a Pink, Convertible, PT Cruiser with a Super High Output turbo charged 4 cyl. Now that would have been a gay car and we would have taken your RJ privileges away from ya!!

BTW I'm glad to hear your business has picked up!! Just hope it's all the good folks buying the guns :shock: I just want a taser!! :twisted: :twisted:
Old 07-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Men- I am just damn glad we all can flick each other some crap every once in awhile. Life can be pretty serious- I love to be here to get away from the grind.

Hemi- I know you were just jabbing me... I gave you an open door. And yes, that car never got me in trouble because it was a DOG. All the way up to about 3200RPM it would be dead... & then then the explosion of weak power kicks in. It was a turd....

Dirk: It is good to know about things... I thought I knew a few in my 39 years of life... but I came here & was taught alot more. As long as we are open to learning & listening, there is much wisdom to be had yet. My prayers go to your wife + Beast too.

YO Rabbit... have you seen the PT Cruisers like we have here w/ white walls & flames??? Seems like every time I see one, it is old people who think they are driving a 40 Ford wanna bee or it is being pulled behind a MO HO or something... I hate those damn things!!! Tasers are definately cool, but I hate how they leave all those little serial tracking confetti pieces after they are used... makes it so you can be identified every time you use one.

Rudy, I love the pic of the 69er.... that is a clean lookin car. Someday maybe mine will look more clean like that... love the vinyl. Your son would have loved it too. If I was smarter, I would post a pic of my car soon.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:08 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

See I want to learn as much as I can so I can pass that knowledge off to others as well as my daughter. She is going to be just like me. Heck she is only 17 months old and already loves racing and fast cars. I know when she is old enough to drive she is gonna want to my car everytime. :lol:
Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

See I want to learn as much as I can so I can pass that knowledge off to others as well as my daughter. She is going to be just like me. Heck she is only 17 months old and already loves racing and fast cars. I know when she is old enough to drive she is gonna want to my car everytime. :lol: I also want to thank everybody for their knowledge cuz I have been reading other post and finding out a lot of info. I got a 350sb in my garage right now(I think it might be a corvette motor :lol: ) anyways that I want to build up really nice if y'all know what I am talking about with hepl from you guys.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:12 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
See I want to learn as much as I can so I can pass that knowledge off to others as well as my daughter. She is going to be just like me. I got a 350sb in my garage right now(I think it might be a corvette motor :lol: ) anyways that I want to build up really nice if y'all know what I am talking about with hepl from you guys.
LOL. You're gonna fit right in with this crowd!!! lol

YO Rabbit... have you seen the PT Cruisers like we have here w/ white walls & flames??? Seems like every time I see one, it is old people who think they are driving a 40 Ford wanna bee or it is being pulled behind a MO HO or something... I hate those damn things!!! Tasers are definately cool, but I hate how they leave all those little serial tracking confetti pieces after they are used... makes it so you can be identified every time you use one.
Scooter, None of the White Walls here yet. lol
You live in the middle of Tree Hugger country don't you?? Supprised you can sell a gun there. In the South we kill it, DEEP FRY it, add some salt and pepper and EAT IT!

I remember going to school with a 30-06 a .22 and a 12ga shotgun in the gun rack of my truck. You remember those old gun racks that fit in the window!? Can you imagine a kid doing that today! :shock: :shock:
Tasers leave traceable confetti?? Dad gum can't we have any fun anymore!! :evil:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -