Corvette Motor

Old 10-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

You got it bluegrass... it is just like saying "I have a 44mag long barrel" when all you got is a .22 short purse pistol. Trouble is, the ignorance of the Vette motor mystique is just that... mystique. Truth is, I had a pretty nasty SBC truck coded motor in a Chevelle once that would smoke a "Vette Motor".... it came out of a 70's 1/2 ton 2wd pick up. Oh well... maybe someday I will be able to have Corvette, 3/4 Cam, angle plug/double hump headed, motor with a full race quad-carb. Until then, I will keep saving my money.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:16 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Scoot !
You have MONEY ?!!!?? You went and stood in line for some of that $3000 that our esteemed 'leader' is to hand out, Didn't you ?
:P :P :P
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I knew there had to be one somewhere.......stripped of their drivetrains and tossed aside like yesterday's garbage.....

[color=black]
Old 10-11-2009, 07:49 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Oh look,...it's just another Corvette...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default how big is the cam??????????????

i am always asked > 'HOW BIG IS THE CAM?' i hold out my hands and say > 'ABOUT THIS LONG!' i have never actually measured a cam lenght but i will now so i can be more correct with my answer! GOD BLESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAY A PRAYER FOR THE NEEDY AND OUR TROOPS OVER SEAS ... HECK PRAY FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS A 3/4 CAM THAT THEY LEARN HOW TH MEASURE THE LENGTH OF THEIR CAM!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: how big is the cam??????????????

Originally Posted by edsrod
i am always asked > 'HOW BIG IS THE CAM?' i hold out my hands and say > 'ABOUT THIS LONG!' i have never actually measured a cam lenght but i will now so i can be more correct with my answer! GOD BLESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAY A PRAYER FOR THE NEEDY AND OUR TROOPS OVER SEAS ... HECK PRAY FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS A 3/4 CAM THAT THEY LEARN HOW TH MEASURE THE LENGTH OF THEIR CAM!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 10-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

No that was funny!! Hey- you did notice that Vette in picutre was missing the motor?? Gone... another Vette motor out there threatining the tracks somewhere.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
I believe every car in that picture is a corvette...it is a corvette junkyard. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I believe every car in that picture is a corvette...it is a corvette junkyard. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hey ya Tod
In the ORR world, all of us hardcore 60's -70's Detroit Iron builders and racers say that kiddingly, as over 1/2 of the field of 150 plus cars at most events are of the plastic variety. It takes a ton more effort, horsepower, and thought to make a big brick run as fast as a Corvette. :shock: From the factory a Vette is waaaaaay more aerodynamic ! Either way it's still racing and we all have fun !!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Hey ya Tod
In the ORR world, all of us hardcore 60's -70's Detroit Iron builders and racers say that kiddingly, as over 1/2 of the field of 150 plus cars at most events are of the plastic variety. It takes a ton more effort, horsepower, and thought to make a big brick run as fast as a Corvette. :shock: From the factory a Vette is waaaaaay more aerodynamic ! Either way it's still racing and we all have fun !!
I have watched the video you have posted on your site...pretty cool stuff.

I am not a corvette fan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -