The "BEAST" made it to the track today...

Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Thats awesome Beast... when you get her leaned on down with a higher rpm shift she is gonna run.

i was gonna run the camaro with the 565ci This past Friday but as you might have seen the South had some really bad weather Friday with 3 tornado's touching down within the county in which i live.

i will turn my 565ci 7400.

also i got wheelie bars on this engine...i had enough of that bumper dragging crap.. sqweenching up when i let go of the button is not My idea of Fun in my older days...lol....
I'll go ahead and say you will go into the high 90's once you get everything where you feel good.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Nice times there BEAST, should be in the low 9.20's easy with some tweaks and a warm sticky track, goodluck!

Since were on the subject, I'll interject:

I stuck a 7000 chip in my 496 just for the hell of it last year - slowed down or about the same - all runs.
It's now set up with a 6600 rpm shift chip (shift-noid).
It ran a 5.70 @110mph W/ 1.32 short time this past weekend at a short 1/8 mile track.
I'm almost 7800 in the traps ( too much gear 558) which might be why mine didn't react to the change.

Just curious Brian where did you shift your old 511 at?
I noticed we had the same cam and simialr set-ups.
Cp
[/quote]
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Thats awesome Beast... when you get her leaned on down with a higher rpm shift she is gonna run.

i was gonna run the camaro with the 565ci This past Friday but as you might have seen the South had some really bad weather Friday with 3 tornado's touching down within the county in which i live.

i will turn my 565ci 7400.

also i got wheelie bars on this engine...i had enough of that bumper dragging crap.. sqweenching up when i let go of the button is not My idea of Fun in my older days...lol....
I'll go ahead and say you will go into the high 90's once you get everything where you feel good.
Yeah bjuice i went with the wheelie bars this year too. I'm glad i did we chalked up the wheels laid down some good straight 40'-50' marks. Felt good. I think i'll pickup some bigger chips for the MSD today and work on my reflexes although my reaction times were good. 1st -.007 2nd .028 3rd .015. I'd take those anyday.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Nice times there BEAST, should be in the low 9.20's easy with some tweaks and a warm sticky track, goodluck!

Since were on the subject, I'll interject:

I stuck a 7000 chip in my 496 just for the hell of it last year - slowed down or about the same - all runs.
It's now set up with a 6600 rpm shift chip (shift-noid).
It ran a 5.70 @110mph W/ 1.32 short time this past weekend at a short 1/8 mile track.
I'm almost 7800 in the traps ( too much gear 558) which might be why mine didn't react to the change.

Just curious Brian where did you shift your old 511 at?
I noticed we had the same cam and simialr set-ups.
Cp
[/quote]

i thought i had a bunch of gear (5.00 w/33inch tire)..lol

i shifted the 511ci manually at the 7200 rpm range...as yiu can see in the ticket...best i ran on motor was a 5.99 @114 on gas.

On alcohol i did a wheel stand (no wheelie bars) had to peddle twice and ran a 5.98 @117 mph..it was on a high 80 pass for sure..
think this is also the pass i hurt the motor..

My car was 3004 lbs with the stock block..its now gonna be little over 3100lbs with the Big 'M'

i gotta a 4.86 gear on stand by,,also got an electric shifter this year..i am hoping for some low 70's or high 60's.

[img][/img]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

B Juice,
If you didn't have a bad day once in a while you wouldn't be able to appreciate those good days.

The big M block weighs 65 lbs more than a mark 4 or 5 block

Your looking at some decent pleminary numbers running down the track. I bet those 60 ft times can be widdled on a little. That will help put that little extra squash in the seat when you hit that throttle.

Lets see a video next time.