Against drag racing

Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
  #21  
markadams
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Mill SC
Posts: 69
Default

Add in their season tickets to football, basketball, hockey or and other sport/hobby THEY all enjoy and spend THEIR money on. I was out of racing for 25 years and started back about 3 years ago. Now I'm building a new tube car. Its all about what YOU like. Don't deny yourself enjoyment. If they don't support your hobby, there are a ton of people here (RJ) and at the tracks you will have common interests with. You will have a blast no matter what you race. Our test and tune nights cost only $15 to race. I don't know of anything that is that cheap for all that fun.
markadams
markadams is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
  #22  
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE
 
bjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Greenville s.c.
Posts: 3,239
Default

Originally Posted by markadams
Add in their season tickets to football, basketball, hockey or and other sport/hobby THEY all enjoy and spend THEIR money on. I was out of racing for 25 years and started back about 3 years ago. Now I'm building a new tube car. Its all about what YOU like. Don't deny yourself enjoyment. If they don't support your hobby, there are a ton of people here (RJ) and at the tracks you will have common interests with. You will have a blast no matter what you race. Our test and tune nights cost only $15 to race. I don't know of anything that is that cheap for all that fun.
markadams
where u run Mark.
__________________
Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
bjuice is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 08:16 PM
  #23  
kw89425
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: waynesburg, ky
Posts: 217
Default

there was a track here that test and tune was 20. it cost 35 to run pro if nothing breaks i can race for just a little more than it cost to go to the drive in movie, and the best part is the wife would rather go race. :lol:
kw89425 is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 PM
  #24  
THERATTLER
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
THERATTLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LICKSKILLET , MISSISSIPPI
Posts: 1,473
Default

there is a little track in Jackson , ms. that test & tune on tuesday nights for $10.00 and everytime I have been it is pretty packed,,,they used to call it bike nite , but now you will see dragsters to stock cars all having a blast for ten bucks
THERATTLER is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 PM
  #25  
Tod74
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,140
Default

Originally Posted by kw89425
there was a track here that test and tune was 20. it cost 35 to run pro if nothing breaks i can race for just a little more than it cost to go to the drive in movie, and the best part is the wife would rather go race. :lol:
I knew a guy who's wife kept busting his chops that all they ever did was go racing...and that she wanted to go camping more and racing less....SOO, he did what any loving husband would do. He bought her a motor home and took her camping....

at the drag strip. :lol:


turns out motor homes can pull a race car trailer pretty good.
Tod74 is offline  
Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 AM
  #26  
outlaw256
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: falkville al
Posts: 1,765
Default

your a grown man. tell them to bite your but and go racing. spend what you want (family first ) do what you want. tell the wife and kids you go do your thing ill go do my thing and when we get home we will do our thing.at least that works for me.ive been married to the same little lady for 31 yrs. and she has never told me not to do something. ive spent a small fortune on bikes and cars(after the bills are paid) and she has never said i couldnt or shouldnt. gotta go hug her right now and tell her how lucky i am to have her in my life!!!!!
outlaw256 is offline  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:09 AM
  #27  
markadams
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Mill SC
Posts: 69
Default

Bruce, both Mooresville and Jefferson-Pageland. Rarely though. I am planning to run Z-max this season with the new car. Don't think I'll be ready for the start of the pro tree eliminator series in late April, but I'm trying. You may have seen me, I had the red with white flames S-10 Blazer. This year a '63 vette. (same slow engine) Should be fun!
markadams is offline  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:12 AM
  #28  
markadams
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Mill SC
Posts: 69
Default

Sorry Bjuice, called you Bruce. Hope I didn't offend or insult. Tired eyes. Need coffee.
markadams is offline  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 AM
  #29  
TopspeedLowet
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 504
Default

Originally Posted by markadams
Sorry Bjuice, called you Bruce. Hope I didn't offend or insult. Tired eyes. Need coffee.
Should I take offence to that slip, apology Mark?
Bruce :lol: :lol: :lol:
TopspeedLowet is offline  
Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 AM
  #30  
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE
 
bjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Greenville s.c.
Posts: 3,239
Default

lol..i hear ya Bruce and Mark.

Mark do you know a guy from Fort Mill who runs the T-bird with the BBC ..His 1st name is Phil...(real nice guy)..country like the rest of us Southern boys
anyhow my cousin has a grude race with him next week. was gonna be today but the rain cancelled the 10.5 race at Shadyside.
__________________
Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
bjuice is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service