Dragster Gears

Old 01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

That car looks like it was being purpose built with all the x-bracing. My guess, that car hit a sand trap somewhere. There appears to be a lot of front missing to that car. I bet that was 250-275 wheelbase originally.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
That car looks like it was being purpose built with all the x-bracing. My guess, that car hit a sand trap somewhere. There appears to be a lot of front missing to that car. I bet that was 250-275 wheelbase originally.
I think it was just someone trying to build a dragster but not knowing anything about it. Look at the bars going up to the back of the cage, they never angle up. And the bars in front of the cage never taper in. Someone put alot of time in for nothing. Hey but the high bid is only at $260.00 right now.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:14 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Someone was pretty close to some advanced ET requirements then. The double bar running behind the seat and all the x braces in the footbox area appear to be right. What I don't understand is the square tube behind the shoulder hoop, unless is it part of the jig that was being used. The cage angle may be an issue but Diamond Racecars lay their bars back lack that. I am going to send a message to the seller to get some history on the car. You got me curious now. 8)
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Looks like it would make a good sand dragster or mud dragster. :?