Am I the only one that thinks some of the prices are to high

Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 AM
W31350
APPRENTICE

I think the muscle cars are over priced thanks to the internet, Barret-Jackson, and those Saturday morning car shows. They put the hobby out of reach for the working man. I bought a 64 2 door post nova 5 years ago for 5K. I thought it was a little high. I remember in the 80's you could get a post car for 500 bucks. And don't get me started on the 69 camaros! I just paid 10K for a roller. :shock:
Old 01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

If you paid it so will someone else. If you buy right you can still sell for a profit. Its not over priced if there selling. Supply and Demand!
What I wonder is: are they selling or are the asking prices blown out of proportion.
If cars are selling for big bucks it makes the homerun you can hit bigger if you do find one real good deal. My problem is I find a car real cheap and sell it for a $1000 or $1500 more than I paid but leave a ton of $$$ on the table. If you get a steal you have to forget what you paid and just price it as the market allows. JMO
Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

I paid 32k for my 08 gt stang, got tired of the stories,bull,...., now my father in law gave me a 69 f100 sht box runs good too!!! A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it..... but i just think people are afraid to spend rite now...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

and rightfully so shybx69
each day you turn on the TV there are more Jobs being cut..( bad :cry: )and people will still not come off their prices a few hundred dollars.. i am speaking of smaller items of course......will not even comment on the large car prices...

i think we are all starting to wonder how bad it will get before it starts getting better.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="nofear69"]I wonder how many people are actually selling their cars. Maybe there should be a sold section on Racingjunk so everyone can see what was sold and for how much
If they did that they'd have to make an honor payment! lol
Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 AM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Ya I suppose,ok I'll just say.

"Nobodys selling their cars........RIGHT" :lol:
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good points. CEPX, I love your quote about pain... hopefully our economy will do the same thing & leave us.

I have been looking at Gassers & Chevelles. Oulaw is right... 100,000 41' Willys??? Man, I could build a nice 40" Ford Coupe/Gasser less... w/o a fiberglass body. Seems like a lot...

Chevelles: Man a 68/69 is killing me!! see them all the time for 30K & Up. It was not that long ago you could get a nice one for a lot less ( I guess 20 years is a long time). I am not looking for a COPO or numbers SS... just a nice pro-street 68/69 for crying out loud!! Who gives a damn if it is a "SS Clone/COPO Clone"... that does not mean it is worth 30-50K.

Camaro's (1st gen). At least I have one I could sell... but I WOULD NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER RIGHT NOW... not at these prices. BTW anyone who wants to trade for a 68/69 Chevelle, let me know. If not, I going to put some Yenko stripes on it & torqe-thrusts & sell it for $100,000!!! (just joking).

Hey- when did a 74 Ventura or 74 Sattlelight make the elete list of collector cars??? 10,000 & you get a hatchback?? What Up? Not trying to offend anyone here... but cloning out a 74 Nova does not make it a Pedigree. thank you Barret Jackson!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Good points. CEPX, I love your quote about pain... hopefully our economy will do the same thing & leave us.

I have been looking at Gassers & Chevelles. Oulaw is right... 100,000 41' Willys??? Man, I could build a nice 40" Ford Coupe/Gasser less... w/o a fiberglass body. Seems like a lot...

Chevelles: Man a 68/69 is killing me!! see them all the time for 30K & Up. It was not that long ago you could get a nice one for a lot less ( I guess 20 years is a long time). I am not looking for a COPO or numbers SS... just a nice pro-street 68/69 for crying out loud!! Who gives a damn if it is a "SS Clone/COPO Clone"... that does not mean it is worth 30-50K.

Camaro's (1st gen). At least I have one I could sell... but I WOULD NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER RIGHT NOW... not at these prices. BTW anyone who wants to trade for a 68/69 Chevelle, let me know. If not, I going to put some Yenko stripes on it & torqe-thrusts & sell it for $100,000!!! (just joking).

Hey- when did a 74 Ventura or 74 Sattlelight make the elete list of collector cars??? 10,000 & you get a hatchback?? What Up? Not trying to offend anyone here... but cloning out a 74 Nova does not make it a Pedigree. thank you Barret Jackson!
All these auctions have ruined car sales for working class people.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

:roll: :roll: not many ill bet!!! im not gonna worry any more, my company has cut back, im still gonna race this year, at least a few times...