to all track owners

Old 01-03-2009, 11:15 AM
  #31  
robsbird
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Originally Posted by slowmotion
You could do like IROC and everybody run the same configuration.
Or like ASA a everybody just has to use sealed crate engines. you can put it in whatever body you want.

Or like some of the stock car guys and have "claimer engines"

Just some ideas.

That'll notch up the excitement level.
:?: I think if you want to run a fairmont against a chevellr or a camaro against a dart. tube cars against tube cars - rails and altered against rails and altereds all heads up classes. build your motor, or buy one ,or use the one you have. you would have great raceing. some guys would be blowed away, but the competetors would go to the garage and come back and bust butt.
robsbird is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
  #32  
savoyracer
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default

And this is why bracket racing was so successful........Simplicity, and everyone is equal!!! Mega-Bucks does not guarantee a winner....i started racing in the '60s, and got my butt kicked by 2-3 seconds every time I raced. i was just a high school kid racing a 55 chev in I/SA.....If bracket racing did not appear, I would have had distant memories of a lousy sport. As it is, I have done this my whole adult life, It feels great!! :lol:
savoyracer is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
  #33  
robsbird
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by robsbird
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I like heads up racing and did it back in the day, so to speak. But they came up with bracket racing so everybody could have a chance to win. I really don't see a track going back to that kind of racing. Don't get me wrong I think drag racers are wanting to do something different. I stopped running Pro and Super pro because I got bored with it. Plus the delay boxes. Well that's another story for sure. I say go to a pro tree for every class and come up with a way to run heads up.
It'll be tough to keep it fair though.
:arrow: all sports have rules or guidelines, heads up raceing will also have rules to keep competition competetive. you would never get tired of this.
:roll: Im not saying to get rid of bracket racing I think it should always be here. I would like to compete in a class 3000 or so lbs 550 ci 4 link heads up no breakout.( with rules to keep everybody competetive )
robsbird is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
  #34  
robsbird
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Default Re: to all track owners

[quote=slowmotion]
Originally Posted by "robsbird 8) you don't need a tear down, just a cc tube. It not hard to tech a class when the number of rules are limited. nhra safety rules would applied. first you will need 3 catigories ( 3 catigories to cover all the existing cars) catigory # 1 rail and roadsters , catigory # 2 tube chassis car, catigory #3 modified stock chassis ( factory frame rails,firewalls ,floors )[/quote

If you go by NHRA Super Gas rules, Roadsters would be category #2.
Since they are left hand steer. Altereds like mine would be category #1 since they are center sitting.
:idea: slomo you could head up the # 1 catigory looked like you already have 2 cars for that and did i see a tube car there.
robsbird is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
  #35  
robsbird
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by savoyracer
And this is why bracket racing was so successful........Simplicity, and everyone is equal!!! Mega-Bucks does not guarantee a winner....i started racing in the '60s, and got my butt kicked by 2-3 seconds every time I raced. i was just a high school kid racing a 55 chev in I/SA.....If bracket racing did not appear, I would have had distant memories of a lousy sport. As it is, I have done this my whole adult life, It feels great!! :lol:
:arrow: savoy bracket racing needs to stay just for all the reasons you said. but I was one of those persons who kicked butt by 2 or 3 seconds. I raced ss/c and held the record a couple of times and could run under the record slightly. we did not have lots of money but we spent every dime on our car and every second we had on the car and lover every second of it. im not doing this to make money. If I do win that will just make it that much sweeter.
robsbird is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:51 PM
  #36  
robsbird
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by robsbird
Originally Posted by robsbird
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I like heads up racing and did it back in the day, so to speak. But they came up with bracket racing so everybody could have a chance to win. I really don't see a track going back to that kind of racing. Don't get me wrong I think drag racers are wanting to do something different. I stopped running Pro and Super pro because I got bored with it. Plus the delay boxes. Well that's another story for sure. I say go to a pro tree for every class and come up with a way to run heads up.
It'll be tough to keep it fair though.
:arrow: all sports have rules or guidelines, heads up raceing will also have rules to keep competition competetive. you would never get tired of this.
:roll: Im not saying to get rid of bracket racing I think it should always be here. I would like to compete in a class 3000 or so lbs 550 ci 4 link heads up no breakout.( with rules to keep everybody competetive )
:arrow: hey quater mile a pro tree (yes) if this could get started it would be successful. Im going to start a new post (heads up raceing)
robsbird is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
  #37  
promod138
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9
Default

claimer engines in drag racing? Yeah, that will work.
promod138 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 02:54 AM
  #38  
slowmotion
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Staunton, IL
Posts: 943
Default

Originally Posted by promod138
claimer engines in drag racing? Yeah, that will work.
I know it wouldn't work. I was saying how the stock car guys try to even it up.

No way I would ever consider running a heads up class with the dragsters at our track. We've got guys capable of high 6's and alot of low 7 sec cars.
slowmotion is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 AM
  #39  
Tod74
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,140
Default

It would be just like it is now in the 10.5 classes...rules are open to interpretation and after awhile it would be ridiculous just like the 10.5 classes are. Where I race they run a Heads up class only a few times a year and it is on a 6.50 index no box. well pretty much every one of the cars that run that class are capable of much faster than 6.50
Tod74 is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
  #40  
robsbird
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by Tod74
It would be just like it is now in the 10.5 classes...rules are open to interpretation and after awhile it would be ridiculous just like the 10.5 classes are. Where I race they run a Heads up class only a few times a year and it is on a 6.50 index no box. well pretty much every one of the cars that run that class are capable of much faster than 6.50
:idea: well they race a ss/ah class its all hemis all heads up there is one guy who is usually the fastest, but he not always the winner. the 6.50 class has a breakout. what Im talking about doesn,t have a breakout. lets say that we on this sight try to make some guidlines to go by (rules). I will head up the catigory #3. Im going to make a new post subject catigory#3. some one on here with a rail head up catigory #1 someone with a tube cad head up catigory #2. make your post. no jumping up and down allowed. let see what we come up with. wright down your ideas before you post, keep everyone in mind that might want to compete.
robsbird is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -