TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

HOLY SCHITT Zip !!
What kinda neighborhood do you race in ?! :shock: :shock:
Out West we are ALL hands on !
Old 01-03-2009, 07:54 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLY I CAN'T CHANGE A SPARK PLUG -BUT-I CAN HAVE A 9 SECOND CAR -GOOOOOOOOOOLLY ops: ops: ops:
Old 01-03-2009, 08:10 AM
robsbird
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Are you aware that a P&G tube cost $950.00?
Other problems exist, such as a lot of todays racers cannot even change a sparkplug, it's not like the old days you build them you race them, many of us still do, but you see more and more racers having the engines built by a race shop and don't have a clue what they have to do for the tech team to check legality, IE CC etc. and if they counldn't put it back together for the next round, then you know some dummy would pull out a gun.

JMO

Zip.
zip I know you don,t think we were smarter in the old days. this is easy. look at the success of the outlaw cars. this is all engine, weight limit, lbs to ci. modify what you have if neccessary. example catigory #3 this catigory is factory floors, firewall (stock location and not replaced with aluminun) factory front frame rails & aprons,basic nhra super stock rules with some exceptions. backhalf allowed no aluminun trunk floor but, metal ok. fiberglass fenders, doors, bumpers, trunk..to lighten the car if neccessary. this catigory would fit a lot of cars with little to no mods. every class is heads up. the only handicap would be between class winners and then catigory winners. the handicap would be a the tree no breakout.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:33 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

My apologies to denn468, shoulda thought that through a little more. Zip you had me on the first sentence of your first post, I think "whineing" was the thunderbolt.
Ok, how about this, Heads up, classes based solely upon the cost of the car, start at 5gs, going up in 5000 dollar increments. This would seperate the mechanics, from the deep pockets. Same safety rules, if the cost of a car falls between classes, you race in the next higher class. Exclude the cost of oil, gasolene, methanol, or ethanol. Nitro, Nitrous, or any power adder included in cost of the car. We'll still have whiners, and cheaters, but you're never going to eliminate them anyway, and they're so entertaining!!!Oh, LABOR, labor is free, as long as you turn the wrenches, if you pay someone else, it goes on the cost of the car. Any ideas? Please feel free to add them, Please, don't tell me I'm a Dumb Schitt, I race automobiles for fun, I've jumped out of perfectly good airplanes, while they're flying, I've ridden motorcycles, on the street, the fact that I'm a Dumb Schitt is a foregone conclusion.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
HOLY SCHITT Zip !!
What kinda neighborhood do you race in ?! :shock: :shock:
Out West we are ALL hands on !
Noooooot! I believe John Force is from ......Out west. I don't believe he's very "hands on".
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLY I CAN'T CHANGE A SPARK PLUG -BUT-I CAN HAVE A 9 SECOND CAR -GOOOOOOOOOOLLY ops: ops: ops:
IT HAPPENS.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I guess I could build my own stuff if I wanted. I'm no mechanic by any means but I can read a book and figure things out. A lot of guys who like to drive race cars have no intrest in working on them. There are also alot of guys that love tinkering on them and trying different things but would NEVER think of making an actual pass in one.

Most of the stuff I see grenade all over the track is home built engines. You see a lot fewer oil downs out of professional speed shops and Crate engines. That's why I ordered a crate engine for mine. I couldn't find a speed shop to build the same engine for what they charged me.

And yes I can change a spark plug
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

You could do like IROC and everybody run the same configuration.
Or like ASA a everybody just has to use sealed crate engines. you can put it in whatever body you want.

Or like some of the stock car guys and have "claimer engines"

Just some ideas.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
IT HAPPENS.

but-why--because alot of guys do not want to learn anything about why the car really runs and performs like it does/or they do not want to get their hands greasy[ :roll: :roll: ]
that is what is happening to the real old fashioned drag racer[sounds like the ricers are teaching people how to biuld]-it is called MONEY-
i am not griping at you guys about your cars but i hope atleast"" you"" do turn some wrenches on your own cars?!?!
LIVELY
Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion
You could do like IROC and everybody run the same configuration.
Or like ASA a everybody just has to use sealed crate engines. you can put it in whatever body you want.

Or like some of the stock car guys and have "claimer engines"

Just some ideas.

That'll notch up the excitement level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -