Prices

Old 11-29-2008, 04:25 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

there is alot of high dollar stuff on here & i myself love lookin at some of that stuff just to see what things are worth or going for.i also agree with hammer on the stuff that sell & the stuff that sits.
but when i win the lottery i'm going to buy one of those $100,000.00 + cars :wink: :lol:
jmo john
Old 11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
dgordner
JUNIOR BUILDER

One never knows until he tries!!!. I just picked up a 69 ragtop Malibu from a couple that wants me to restore it from the ground up. They had it from the day they met and want to get it back to mint again. Needs frame and all!!! They were told they could buy one for less money than I could restore it but they want that memorbila. Fix it, they said. So you see, there may be a buyer on here for just what is advertised. If they want it bad enough, they buy with price not an option. I own a 1970 Elcamino big block bucket seat 4 speed car. I may need 15 thousand dollars for some reason. I know the car isn't worth 15 thousand to the average person but there may be just that one person who wants that particular car for his own reasoning and give me what I want. And then again, maybe not. Always have that opportunity to try!!
Old 11-29-2008, 12:57 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, somethings seem a little high priced but there are some really good deals on here also. I know as i just built a new 540 BBC and for what it ended up costing I could've bought a complete T/K motor and had money left to buy a short block also. Just depends what you want and what you're willing to pay.

JMO
Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Yeah, somethings seem a little high priced but there are some really good deals on here also. I know as i just built a new 540 BBC and for what it ended up costing I could've bought a complete T/K motor and had money left to buy a short block also. Just depends what you want and what you're willing to pay.

JMO
been there done that to Beast...lol.

thats the livin and learnin part i guess.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Times are changing. I remember when you could take an old car primered and beat up. Put a hot little motor in it and go out and have a good time racing. Now seems everyone wants to keep up with the Jones. It doesn't take a $100,000.00 to run no E, if you don't have to have the best paint job, trickest most up to date ride, along with the biggest stacker and toter home.
I remember a race I won 20 years ago, a guy came up and said this $3000.00 dollar car has done out run a million dollars worth of cars today. I took that as one of the best compliments I've ever got while racing.
But hect, now I have one of those racecars I used to love to outrun.

Don't let peer pressure force you to spend more money than your comfortable with. You can find a way to make racing fun without spending the most money and it feels better when you do good that way also.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:43 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

2x dparker
Old 11-29-2008, 02:21 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YOU KNOW GUYS----BEFORE I PUT 60-80,000 IN A CAR I WILL PAY OFF ALL MY DEBT/ PUT SOMETHING BACK AND BUILD SOME 5-10,000 PROJECT- :lol: :lol: --SIT BACK /GO RACE/ HAVE FUN AND MAKE ALOT OF RICH PEOPLE UNHAPPY ops:
BY THE WAY I HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE AND IT CAN STILL BE DONE TODAY--WE HAVE GONE OVER THE WALL ON SOME OF THESE BUILDS AND MONEY PAID OUT [ALOT OF GUYS NEVER TURN A BOLT/ GET GREASY AT ALL/ OR CAN EVEN CHANGE A SPARK PLUG-]--BUT THEY SIT AT THE TRACK AND BRAG :roll: :roll: :roll: IT DOES MAKE ME SICK[ HOT RODDING WILL DIE IF WE DO NOT KEEP THE SMALL GUY INTERESTED :shock: :shock:

LIVELY
Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Wished My parts brought in this kind of response!!

I sure wish my Ads brought in this kind of response-LOL
I may sell something--
Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

i will give you $10.00 down and 10.00 a month for your nova---but you have to paint it first and deliver it to illinois :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
only kidding but-- i think alot of people believe you should deal that way when they are buying but want tons of money now for anything they have on the selling market :roll: :roll:

ps--i would make my payments on time!!!!!!

your friend -LIVELY