question about dragster

Old 11-08-2008, 04:46 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by shawnp
Steve, if you don't have to trade, I posted an ad# for a 2000 Racetech. That car belongs to my friend Ronnie. I promise you he will make you a deal if you call. He has an 09 Mullis he has to finish and the Racetech HAS to be sold. IMO, the quay car is way too much at 15,500 rolling. The shifter in the car looks like an old Dixie shifter and definately older designs in the car. Not trying to offend anyone, just giving my opinion.

thanks shawn,i appreciate it,but without selling/trading mine,i don't have much to play with,yes from the picture it look pretty good,and has a 4-link,but 13,500 is a lot when winter time is here for a carpenter/metal roofer,don't want nothing for free,but will need to sell or trade mine,is he talking about the center section of the rearend?,,,thanks steve
Old 11-08-2008, 04:49 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by shawnp
Steve, if you don't have to trade, I posted an ad# for a 2000 Racetech. That car belongs to my friend Ronnie. I promise you he will make you a deal if you call. He has an 09 Mullis he has to finish and the Racetech HAS to be sold. IMO, the quay car is way too much at 15,500 rolling. The shifter in the car looks like an old Dixie shifter and definately older designs in the car. Not trying to offend anyone, just giving my opinion.

i quoted you before you got done!!LOL!! i can trade even for the ed quay,,but hey thats what i want is the truth,i'm not trying to offend the owner either just looking for answers,dont no much about the dragsters(rail),,,,steve
Old 11-08-2008, 05:21 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

by the way---that is a nice looking vega wagon!!!!!!
LIVELY
Old 11-08-2008, 05:31 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by lively
by the way---that is a nice looking vega wagon!!!!!!
LIVELY
thanks man i appreciate it,

shawn if you see your friend tell him i sent him a message about his dragster,,,steve
Old 11-09-2008, 05:42 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Being you are wanting to make a deal on a dragster, here is a few question you need to ask this guy before you make a deal.

Ask these questions to the owner
1. Was the chassis towed with some sort of chassis support/stablizer under it ? This just insures you that the chassis did not flex and bounce going down the road. We always say 1 mile down the road without one is like 500 passes. Hard on the chassis.

2. How Wide is the cage and do the pedals adjust for height, you need to be able to fit.

3. What year is the car ?

these are the 3 main questions I'd be asking.

Also remember you will need atleast a 24ft trailer to pull this with just incase you didnt have one now. Shawn is correct on it not being worth 15,500, 9000-10k Max and thats giving it a little extra. You would be doing ok if you think your car is worth that range.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:05 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

thanks man,,

this ad that i posted is not the one who has it now,another guy bought it and showed it to me with this ad,but has since send me pics,its a 1996,a little old to me,,the guy that has it now don't want 14,000 i think he said around 9000,,thanks steve