TCI Glide - Trans-brake roll

Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Put a pressure gauge where the plug on the servo it at. You need to have at least a 190lb of pressure when you have your trans in gear. BTE has a regulator spring replacement that you can put in your valve body that will usually bring your pressure up.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

TCI says adjust the band to 72in lbs tight, then back off 4 turns, like David says adjust it tighter, only back off 3 turns, if it still rolls you have clutch problems. I've been there before, and the band was out-of-round not giving a true adjustment.

It happened to me

Zip.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:44 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Checking your band tension is a good idea. Another thing that could cause that would if your front pump is wore. I lot of times racers freshen their transmissions without looking at the internal gears and flange of the front pump. Especially if your running a stock pump. If adjusting the band doesnt work, check your pressures.
At Ennis last year our dragster started doing the same thing, we went thru the transmission and everything looked great. With a gauge we could see that the pressure would drop as soon as the trans button was applied then it would roll a few inches and set, and the pressure would jump up back to 210psi. After talking to Mike Sullivan from Sullivan transmissions he gave us a new valve body, still have it in and everything still prefect.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

Adjusting your Band is going to do nothing for it rolling forward.
If it's rolling forward the band is doing it's job and the reverse clutches are not since it is not holding it from rolling forward. It could be a pressure issue or a clutch issue. If the solenoid is working correctly the only hope is to get more pressure to the reverse clutches..if that don't work then she needs to come apart...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

us7race
Exactly right, the band adjustment will only control backing out of the lights, but he didn't say which way it was rolling. If it's roling forward it's a pressure problem or clutches. Pump or clutches, no inbetween, except a linkage problem.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

Zip you are correct I just thought when I read roll it was forward..We need some clarification..
Old 09-05-2008, 07:17 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Mine, would back up sometimes, or lurch forward sometimes. So I rebuilt it, that cured it, it didn't work at all after that. Now I'm re-rebuilding my glide!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 PM
broywc27
APPRENTICE

Keep your foot on the break pedal after you stage & let go while your tree is comming down. Jus do it after you or the enhancer has put it on the wood...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:47 AM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

CHANGE THE FLUID AND FILTER.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Default FIX IT!

man, rebuilt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wont take $150 and 2 or 3 hours and fix it permanently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -