Need help on BBC alcohol tune.ROOKIES

Old 06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
  #11  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
You realize that the leak down is just a base, and that you'll have to change it 2-3 times every day, right?

Start the motor, loosen the screws, fatten it up until it surges, then lean it back out just until the surging stops.

As for plumbing.... See below.

I've got to ask why change it 2-3 times a day ??

Once you get it set the only change you should make all year is a pill change from hot to cold or cold to hot weather ??

I run return straight to top of fuel cell, crank trigger MSD.
hammertime is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
  #12  
OneBadGMC
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belleville, IL
Posts: 658
Default

Originally Posted by hammertime
I've got to ask why change it 2-3 times a day ??

Once you get it set the only change you should make all year is a pill change from hot to cold or cold to hot weather ??

I run return straight to top of fuel cell, crank trigger MSD.
Barrel valve leak changes with the weather, just like the main pill does.

I take it you don't own a weather station.
OneBadGMC is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:43 PM
  #13  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by hammertime
I've got to ask why change it 2-3 times a day ??

Once you get it set the only change you should make all year is a pill change from hot to cold or cold to hot weather ??

I run return straight to top of fuel cell, crank trigger MSD.
Barrel valve leak changes with the weather, just like the main pill does.

I take it you don't own a weather station.
I do .. mine stuff doesnt get changed at all, all year. Toilet or Terminator must be I am just lucky. I know NO one who changes the BV once they get it set where the car likes it. I dont even change the pill in my setup its good either way. Spring Weather to Hot Summer weather no change 7.55 in spring 7.55 in hot guess I got lucky.
hammertime is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
  #14  
OneBadGMC
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belleville, IL
Posts: 658
Default

Rather be lucky than good anyday.
OneBadGMC is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
  #15  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Rather be lucky than good anyday.
ahmen to that :lol:
hammertime is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 03:15 AM
  #16  
us7race
Senior Member
EXPERT BUILDER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tell City, IN
Posts: 356
Default

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
You realize that the leak down is just a base, and that you'll have to change it 2-3 times every day, right?

Start the motor, loosen the screws, fatten it up until it surges, then lean it back out just until the surging stops.

As for plumbing.... See below.

What do you know on a High Speed Lean-out? :wink:
us7race is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 AM
  #17  
OneBadGMC
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belleville, IL
Posts: 658
Default

Originally Posted by us7race
What do you know on a High Speed Lean-out? :wink:
I know if you don't set it right, you can plan on buying new pistons. :wink:

Do you have a more specific question?
OneBadGMC is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
  #18  
us7race
Senior Member
EXPERT BUILDER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tell City, IN
Posts: 356
Default

My buddy has just added one and I figured I'd ask. He is going to start out with the smallest pill and go from there. His EGT's on a couple of cylinders were down to around 300 still ran 6.52 @209 in the 1/4.
I think it was a 4.19 in the 1/8 on a not the greatest track..his 60' was off from .980's to 1.0's. so Hopefully with more seat-time in the car and the high speed lean-out can go 6.40's or better..
us7race is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
  #19  
OneBadGMC
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belleville, IL
Posts: 658
Default

Originally Posted by us7race
My buddy has just added one and I figured I'd ask. He is going to start out with the smallest pill and go from there. His EGT's on a couple of cylinders were down to around 300 still ran 6.52 @209 in the 1/4.
I think it was a 4.19 in the 1/8 on a not the greatest track..his 60' was off from .980's to 1.0's. so Hopefully with more seat-time in the car and the high speed lean-out can go 6.40's or better..
Try this site: http://dragracemath.jimhatleyracing.com/fuelsys.html

Should help him setup the high speed if he knows what he's looking at.
OneBadGMC is offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 AM
  #20  
OneBadGMC
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belleville, IL
Posts: 658
Default

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by hammertime
I've got to ask why change it 2-3 times a day ??

Once you get it set the only change you should make all year is a pill change from hot to cold or cold to hot weather ??

I run return straight to top of fuel cell, crank trigger MSD.
Barrel valve leak changes with the weather, just like the main pill does.

I take it you don't own a weather station.
I do .. mine stuff doesnt get changed at all, all year. Toilet or Terminator must be I am just lucky. I know NO one who changes the BV once they get it set where the car likes it. I dont even change the pill in my setup its good either way. Spring Weather to Hot Summer weather no change 7.55 in spring 7.55 in hot guess I got lucky.
Just because I thought of it... Aren't you running a normally aspirated motor?
OneBadGMC is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service