what's the chance of blowing your engine?

Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
toestothesun
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by cepx111
"Racing is a disease for which the only cure is poverty"
That used to my signature. I changed it awhile back, but is still very true.
Charles
I do remember reading that!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Well ive racin cars for about 7 years now and have only blown 2 motors you just gotta take care of your equipment and you should be fine just go threw and check everything after each night of racin and change the oil on a regular basis and youll be fine :wink:
Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

My buddies dad always said that it it moved, it can break. Parts failure is never avoidable but can reduced by knowing how to treat your equipment.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rusty356
Murphy's Statistical Law of Engine Longevity states that the probability of blowing your engine is inversely proportioned to the amount of money you have left in the bank.
:lol: :lol: No doubt!!!!As far as "blowing" an engine.In drag racing,the stock engines usually well out-live the stock drivetrain.Rearends,u-joints and trannys are usually what gives,especially in a 4 speed car.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:44 PM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

I've been racing for about 9 years now and just recently blew my first motor.I got the car turn key back in Dec. And just a month in a half ago gotr a chance to run it.I was told it only had about 40 1/8th mile passes on it.The 3rd pass the #6 rod came out of the side of the block.And this motor had good stuff in it.Luckily the $4000 heads didnt get hurt I just piut on it.
So you don't really know what your getting until you blow it.Just ask alot of ? and ask for reciepts on the motor if they have them.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
toestothesun
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by bigs1975
I've been racing for about 9 years now and just recently blew my first motor.I got the car turn key back in Dec. And just a month in a half ago gotr a chance to run it.I was told it only had about 40 1/8th mile passes on it.The 3rd pass the #6 rod came out of the side of the block.And this motor had good stuff in it.Luckily the $4000 heads didnt get hurt I just piut on it.
So you don't really know what your getting until you blow it.Just ask alot of ? and ask for reciepts on the motor if they have them.
thanks a lot. That'll definitely be something I'll do.