JUST ORDERED MY NEW WHEELS .

Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I tried to get good pics of the bad spots but it is very hard to do because of the reflection. These pics make the wheel look like a wash board but that isn't the case...they are not near perfect like a brand new wheel should be but not as terrible as the pics make them to be. the ones with arrows show the dents in the wheel and you can kind of see the tool marks but the massive distortion under the arrows is just reflection

Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

this part of the wheel is very wavy to the touch and has tool marks that you can feel with your finger just like you would see from a lathe.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

again...the area the arrows point to is wavey and looks like it has small dents but the area to the left is nice...just looks bad cause of reflection.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

This is the dents I said looked like it was hit with a hammer. The funny thing is the bad places are pretty much in the same place on both wheels...near the valve stem. I know that wide wheels like this are always wavy to the touch on the inside part that the tire covers but they are normally polished smooth on the "good" side. While I'm bashing them I want to say that the wheels are beautiful in general(FROM 8 feet away ) they just look like they have been beat up in a few spots..and you can feel and see ripples across the smooth part..tried to get a pic of the ripples but the glare wouldn't let me.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

here is a pic with the bad part to the top where you can't see it...they look good.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I am very happy with the fronts.These are not the same ones I pictured earlier...these are the second set..they are one piece and they are perfect...Too bad they are so hard to deal with cause these are pretty nice especially for 200 bucks each...I'm sure eventually they will have the wide ones perfect too...He said I got one of the first sets they made...true or not I don't know. I do know it is the last set of anything I'll ever buy from them.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

tod74 i liked those wheel,s the first time i saw them, and though about buying a set, but after watching what you had to put up with, there ain,t no way.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have decided that when the guy calls me(if he does) and he tells me to send them back ..I am going to tell him no thanks.I will just use them to advertise for you...show everyone the quality of work you guys put out. I have already shown them to friends and they all spotted the flaws right away...They will eventually get the bugs worked out I'm sure and they will be a nice wheel for the money...but they shouldn't be allowed sell any more til they do.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

This is from their website "Question and Answer section"
LMAO !! :lol:

Q: If the wheels I want are not in stock, how long does it to take to build them?
A: Two to three weeks. Slightly longer for chrome.
:roll:
Old 08-09-2008, 06:07 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Centerline keeps these practices up for long and they'll be a NFL in business.(Not Freaking Long) I think you oughtta go after them, hammer and tong, till you get satisified. After what they've put you through. FWIW
Earl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -