JUST ORDERED MY NEW WHEELS .

Old 07-21-2008, 12:19 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

hey tod don't hate them cause they are R&Ding your wheels so you will be safe when you get out of the retirementhome to drive your car. :shock: :lol:
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Still no wheels.

CALLED today they are finished finally!! He said they would ship today. It's about freaking time.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I finally got my rear wheels today. I am not too happy with them.They look okay but not for a brand new wheel. There are visible machine marks in the aluminum like what you would expect to see from something turned on a lathe if that makes sense... and they are very wavey. If you run your hand around the inside of the wheel (the dished part that is polished where the valve stem hole is) it is very wavey. It makes the wheel look like it has dents in it. You can see it 8 feet away.I called to tell them and was basically told tough shit, in so many words.I started the call calm and polite but ended up furious after about 10 minutes of this guy's attitude.The dude was very rude and made it sound like I was impossible to please. First he said that any wheel 14 inches wide will look that way nothing they can do about it...He told me I could send them back but I would have to wait probably 3 or 4 weeks for replacements, and there was no gaurentee the new ones would be any better.He went on to say they could even be worse.I said " so basically you are telling me that Centerline wheels can't make a 14 inch wide wheel that does not look like it has been hit with a ball pien hammer?" he said "Don't know what to tell ya.." I told him I guess I will be finding out who I need to talk to about this company and their business ptractices and he said "Do what you got to do buddy...I can't stop you from running your mouth...without seeing them myself I can't say..but apparently nothing is going to live up to your standards." I also told him they were marked production date June 18...he then told me the garbage about testing and what not...

I finally hung up on him. I aint sending them back I am tired of their crap...but I will publically bash them( with completely accurate, facts only) to anyone who will listen.

p.s. Also no SFI stickers either,which I requested two seperate times.

Rant over...lol
Old 08-06-2008, 05:03 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Man that sux!No pics of those beauties?? :lol: :lol: Figured you'd be chomping at the bit to show 'em off. :lol: :lol:
Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I'd be making a call to the BBB !! You are a lot better about it then me, I'd cancel payment send them back and tell to them to stick it up there rear. Bad deal all around !
Old 08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
I'd be making a call to the BBB !! !
That was what I meant by talking to someone else about their business practices.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Man that sux!No pics of those beauties?? :lol: :lol: Figured you'd be chomping at the bit to show 'em off. :lol: :lol:
I will as soon as they get mounted..just got em this afternoon and I work nights....They can't even box stuff right...They sent the right wheels but The boxes are labled "4.5 Bolt circle 4.5 back space...I saw that and was fix'n to get upset before I opened them cause I ordered 4.75 BC with a 5" back space...so that had me worried until I measured them.

they will actually look good on the car because they are so deep and the reflection of the center on the rim sorta hides it but look at them for a minute then you see it...one in particular has a place that looks just like a couple of dings in it like you would get if you smacked it with a ball ping hammer. They are only wavey for about the first 2 inches from the bead and that is where you see the tooling marks..the rest of the rim looks good. had I not been given the 4 month run around I would not be as upset...also wouldn't have gotten so pissed had I not been treated like an idiot...

This was the same guy that I talked to at first when I got the 1st set of front wheels..he was telling me the 3 piece welded up wheel was just as strong as the 1 piece. :roll:

After I hung up on the dude he started calling my cell phone but I didn't answer..he left a voice mail that his boss was out of town and he would have him call me. I am gona tell that guy that I want my SFI stickers so I can cover up the dents. :lol: and I also want the center caps that were advertised to come with them but did not.( yes I know nobody uses centers on the back, and I won't either cause these pop in from the front ... but I am gona bitch about it anyway just to be a butt hole) :P
Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I want my SFI stickers so I can cover up the dents. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

todd----i would get very!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPSET if i was treated like you have been on these wheels

i am glad you finally got them --but-- i would still go after them to the BETTER BUSINESS PEOPLE- JUST TO MAKE THEM NOTICE YOU!!!

LIVELY
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

better man tan me tod cause i would have crawled through the phone & broke that guys neck!!! i can't stand these companies that think us little guy don,t matter but word of mouth is golden & i will NEVER buy anything from centerLYEn & will tell everyone i know about your problem.good luck & hope they will balance out for ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -