JUST ORDERED MY NEW WHEELS .

Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Well I just talked to CENTERLINE...sorry such a long post.

The first guy I called was the boss...got his voicemail and it was full...so the second guy I got was the customer service/ sales guy who tried to tell me that the welded together wheel was just as strong as the one piece ( :lol: ) and that they were making them both ways...
this is the same salesman that sold them to me and told me two weeks...also the same one who kept giving me the run around and saying "another week to week and a half".

Well he said just what I knew he would say...that they were originally advertised as modular construction. I said NO SIR.. :roll:

Then when I asked him about the sfi stickers he said "You don't need them" I said "How ya figure I don't need em?"
He said that CENTERLINE is so well known in the racing industry that they didn't have to put the stickers on that people would know they were good wheels.
I said "WELD WHEELS puts em on theirs." He said weld just did that because they wanted to...it wasn't needed.
he then said he would patch me through to his boss..I stopped him and said he was not there I just called him...he said that he was at his desk at that moment so he put me through to him.
That guy was very polite with his lies...and he even said that they were making them both ways but that they did indeed advertise them originally as a one piece wheel..( proof that salesman is a liar) said he sent the others cause they had em already and because I had waited so long .(translation = he wanted me off his ass :P ) Said they were built in April but since I was having to wait on the 14's anyway he had em hold my order and figured by the time 14's were done they would have the 1 piece wheels for the front and I would get those because they are better.

But he immediately told me to box em back up and he would have UPS pick em back up no charge to me and the one piece would be sent out as soon as they were finished...probably tomorrow or Monday and the 14's sometime next week that they were working on them(where have I heard that one before?)
I asked about SFI stickers and he said they only put em on if requested because most people don't actually need them (true) but he would send them with the wheels.

we will see.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

AND THE CLOCK TICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY
Old 06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
AND THE CLOCK TICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY
Lively...Are you suggesting that I might NOT get the wheels next week ? Why would you think that?

:lol:
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Man,this is just ridiculous!!They are pretty wheels,though.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

It is ridiculous...and the stupid thing is , when I call, they act like I am being a pest. :shock:

I almost hate to send em back cause who knows when I will get the others.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Love the caveman pic!!!HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Once they come get them go to your bank file a dispute and get your money back and go somewhere else. I feel you will get the run around again for another month.

Doing the dispute isnt that hard really, I understand you want the rims but at what point do you say enough is enough ??
Old 06-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

they are gone...ups picked em up today.

Has anyone ever filed a complaint with Better business Bureau? what is involved? They really should be made to remove this wheel from their catalog if they have this much trouble making it.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
they are gone...ups picked em up today.

Has anyone ever filed a complaint with Better business Bureau? what is involved? They really should be made to remove this wheel from their catalog if they have this much trouble making it.

I agree something needs to be done, I cant bieleve they dont have some made and on hand for different setups. I'd of been asking if they were making them by hand

I know the bank deal is easy if you do want you money back, my girlfriend works at a bank she said its very easy the bank would take care of everything after you go in there.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I will give em a little more time...not cause they deserve it, but because I want those wheels. The only other wheels with a 5 " backspace are the Magnums and Alumastars that I have found...nothing else will fit and I can't afford 400+ per wheel. Besides...after my parents flood damage all my free time is helping them so no time to run in the near future anyway. Working over there every weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -