What would you do ?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:41 PM
broywc27
APPRENTICE

Hammer, make sure this guy sends you back that same pistons. Not trying to tell you how to do your deals but, ya never know he may be trying to pull a fast one ya!!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by broywc27
Hammer, make sure this guy sends you back that same pistons. Not trying to tell you how to do your deals but, ya never know he may be trying to pull a fast one ya!!
GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old 02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for all of your input guys. I have good pictures and all #'s off the piston and I will make sure they are the same bore. I've yet to refund him his $ but plan on doing it this weekend to avoid the negative feedback. Problem I am sure I'll run into is do I refund him his shipping both ways ? I am already out ebay fee's but do I bite the bullet and be out another $60.00 on the all the shipping ? I feel giving him his $300.00 for pistons that he just decided he didnt want is more the good.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default pistons

Sorry David, I think its a lose-lose situation for You. Even if You give the money back, and all of the shipping cost, to him its a win. After all this, He may still bash You about wasting his time and trying to sell something it was not. GOD LUCK,TC
Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: pistons

Originally Posted by topcat572
Sorry David, I think its a lose-lose situation for You. Even if You give the money back, and all of the shipping cost, to him its a win. After all this, He may still bash You about wasting his time and trying to sell something it was not. GOD LUCK,TC
What really gets me here is this .. I got the pistons back this week checked compression height and go 1.27 again, I emailed him and told him. I get on ebay tonight I have positive feedback and says this
" items as described,prompt shipping "

ok if item is as described why do I now have them back with me ??
Baffels me
Old 02-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
What really gets me here is this .. I got the pistons back this week checked compression height and go 1.27 again, I emailed him and told him. I get on ebay tonight I have positive feedback and says this

Baffels me
maybe he screwed up and didn't NEED the 1.27 comp height, and that was his way of getting his money back.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 AM
tyster
APPRENTICE

Dave that guy aint worth the effort.

I'll give you $50 for them and they'll be out of your hair. If you think about it, it's a Win-Win for you. You get $50 buck to take the lady out to dinner with plus you get the shelf space :lol:
Old 02-26-2008, 07:35 AM
tyster
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by hammertime

Baffels me
maybe he screwed up and didn't NEED the 1.27 comp height, and that was his way of getting his money back.
Todd thats exactly what happened, he just wanted an excuse to return them, He left you Pos feedback hoping you'de do the same. Out of Curiosity what was/is his Feedback rating?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:44 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Ty his feedback rating is 9, he messeged me again last night trying to explain how to check comp height (which I already know) and tells me another # ... I told him to send me a paypal request I was tired of dealing with him, he purchased something that he cant use and should be a little more careful on ebay. The kicker of the deal is I am now going to leave him negative feedback, I would have left it alone if he did but he already left me good feedback so I have no worries about the deal, he got what he paid for and either didnt have have the money or didnt know what he needed.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Just a update on this deal (and my thoughts on paypal)

He filed a claim with paypal and I decided I wasnt going to let this guy screw me over. I stated to them what he had said in his ebay feedback he left for me and what he said in the emails. After 34 days they finally said he will get his $ back, for this reason the day before he filed the claim he went and shipped them back. Paypal says anyone who buys something from anyone and sends it back to the orginal owner will always win the dispute no matter what.

My thoughts and the lady at paypal agreed with me that this guy had did this before he knew to send it back before he filed a claim. I appealed the dispute just because I think this was a case of the guy didnt have the money to spend. Now he will wait another 30 days if he indeed gets his $ back. The problem he has is he tried to clean ( I think ) the pistons up and looks like he used a grinder on them instead of some cleaner. Which appears to have happened to 2 pistons.

Buyer's Email: [email protected] beware .
ebay- sc7607

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service