milky oil with rons Terminator

Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

That's actually a good point. It could be coming from the warm up. I do the same thing with the return (1/2 shut until 150F).

With the amount of information given though, it's hard to say what the issue is. It could be one, two, or all three (BV, Jet, Warm up)....
Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A Primer Plus will fix all the milky oil during warm up.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
A Primer Plus will fix all the milky oil during warm up.
Hey David,

What's a primer plus? I have a friend that runs a lowspeed leanout for the first 60' on his toilet, and a high speed leanout 2650lbs 55 chevy 9.20's 142mph 396 s/blk.
I've never tried any of the added leanouts on my 377" car and getting ready to go stacks on a 434" mtr. i'm installing. I know i could have run better with these added leanouts, but just have not tried them.

Zip.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:29 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.killerrons.com/primer.cfm

Its a gas primer, I drive my car around on it to warm it up and start it. Very simple and easy deal.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
SD3
SHOW GUEST

Default Milky oil

Milky oil is common for a toilet
Old 03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

MIlky oil is common for any alcohol/methanol engine that is running extremely too rich. Has nothing to do with the toilet of Ron's.

When you get the thing even within 20 % of a good tune, the oil will start looking like oil again. You will also find a bunch more horsepower.

Rich alcohol/methanol engines can also be entertaining, to say the least. Little things like while trying to start, blow the intake off or the blower off, fill the muffler up with fluid and if it doesn't drain blow the muffler off when the engine is starting. Just the other day in Lake Elisnore California one of the Builders was dyno pulling a blown alcohol hemi and had some issues with broken valve train parts, I.E. The rocker arms and shafts, Got it all fixed and engine started ok. Big problem, He had a really nice dyno rooom setup with a complete separate room for the big mufflers. The explosion blew the whole side of the walls of his muffler room off of his building. It was heard and felt for over 3 milers from where it happened.. Needless to say, I shall not say whose shop it was, but he is very famous.

So my point is lean the sucker down so the oil looks like oil.

Ed
Old 03-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
MIlky oil is common for any alcohol/methanol engine that is running extremely too rich. Has nothing to do with the toilet of Ron's.

When you get the thing even within 20 % of a good tune, the oil will start looking like oil again. You will also find a bunch more horsepower.

Rich alcohol/methanol engines can also be entertaining, to say the least. Little things like while trying to start, blow the intake off or the blower off, fill the muffler up with fluid and if it doesn't drain blow the muffler off when the engine is starting. Just the other day in Lake Elisnore California one of the Builders was dyno pulling a blown alcohol hemi and had some issues with broken valve train parts, I.E. The rocker arms and shafts, Got it all fixed and engine started ok. Big problem, He had a really nice dyno rooom setup with a complete separate room for the big mufflers. The explosion blew the whole side of the walls of his muffler room off of his building. It was heard and felt for over 3 milers from where it happened.. Needless to say, I shall not say whose shop it was, but he is very famous.

So my point is lean the sucker down so the oil looks like oil.

Ed
I'm sorry but......L O L !!!!

I know it would Not be funny if it were your shop but makes for an amusing picture...especially when it is a guy that DOES know what he is doing.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Agreed Tod74!!Sounds more like something I would do!!Also sounds like I will be staying with gas for awhile longer,too :shock:
Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Do you have a EGT system on your engine and if so what are the temps at idle and then at the stripe.
This is a subject that can get real touchy with a lot of people because you will find that every body runs there's a little different than the others.
me for example i tune mine off of exhaust a run a enderle set up i do use a primer gas system that i made myself and works great for warming the car up.
mine is a 540 i run 550 to 600 degrees at idle and 1/8 mile 1100 and 1/4 1230 but like i said there is a lot of ways to tune alky but once you get you will love it.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rlmotorsports
Do you have a EGT system on your engine and if so what are the temps at idle and then at the stripe.
This is a subject that can get real touchy with a lot of people because you will find that every body runs there's a little different than the others.
me for example i tune mine off of exhaust a run a enderle set up i do use a primer gas system that i made myself and works great for warming the car up.
mine is a 540 i run 550 to 600 degrees at idle and 1/8 mile 1100 and 1/4 1230 but like i said there is a lot of ways to tune alky but once you get you will love it.
TOUCHY, :lol:
There you go again stealing my tuneup :twisted: I thought we weren't going to share this setup :evil:

Just kiddin Ron you are dead 0n

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -