The Mastodon

Old 03-26-2008, 08:49 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by olds48
If I only knew how.You been to the track to set any records yet???
na, tracks are still closed around here, the car should be ready to race late july or so... Iv just been spending tax refunds on some goodies for the car, not to mension picking up a few goodies for myself at the 'folks home if ya know what I mean!

good news though, my main fiero competition in FL hasnt passed 11.2 yet (turboed v6 w/auto) so my chances are looking even better. 8) :twisted:
Old 03-26-2008, 01:56 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:roll: 'folks home :roll: cougar hunter. Good luck V8 and let me know how it goes.

Hey Charles,If you really want them pm me.I do need to tell you one thing about the covers,though.The holes for the push-in breathers are a little big and you have to silicone the grommetts in.Never leaked on me,though.Need a good polishing though.I got them listed in the classifieds,but like I said,if YOU want them let me know and we'll figure out something.Ever quit raining at your place yet?Any progress on the 496?

Talk to ya later fellas
Old 04-13-2008, 12:01 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Tested Friday.New suspension works great!Carrying the front tires like never before.With 13.5 psi in the tires.Tires don't even wrinkle :? Car just goes straight and steady.Who needs a frame jig when you got cinder blocks and plywood??!!! :wink: Still slow but at least I got a car worth putting power into now.WOO HOO I'm happy today,boys and girls!! :mrgreen:
Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Tested Friday.New suspension works great!Carrying the front tires like never before.With 13.5 psi in the tires.Tires don't even wrinkle :? Car just goes straight and steady.Who needs a frame jig when you got cinder blocks and plywood??!!! :wink: Still slow but at least I got a car worth putting power into now.WOO HOO I'm happy today,boys and girls!! :mrgreen:
THAT IS GREAT ERIC :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAVE FUN :lol: :lol: :lol: -LIVELY
Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks,bud.I am having a blast!!!I was sitting in the staging lanes and was sooo revved up that my helmet was bouncing fron my heart thumping so hard!!!Man I love this sport.Forget the a/c business...I'm goin' pro
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Got to start my car tonight.Been October since I've heard it run.Feels like I got my second wind now.Boy,those 4" pipes talk!!!Just waiting on axles and rear brakes and I'll be done!!Seems strange to own a tubbed car.I know it's not a big deal too alot of you guys,but to me a tubbed car was always something the"big guys" had.Anyway,I'm having a blast.Time well spent and money well wasted!!
I think thats racin in general Eric lol time well spent and alot of money well wasted lol
Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by NorthMotorSports
Got to start my car tonight.Been October since I've heard it run.Feels like I got my second wind now.Boy,those 4" pipes talk!!!Just waiting on axles and rear brakes and I'll be done!!Seems strange to own a tubbed car.I know it's not a big deal too alot of you guys,but to me a tubbed car was always something the"big guys" had.Anyway,I'm having a blast.Time well spent and money well wasted!!
time well spent and alot of money well wasted lol
You got that right. So much beter than wasting it on groceries and bills.

lol :lol:
Old 04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Bitchin!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Tranny guy took it apart in front of me and we saw what happened.The snout on the back of my pump was severely worn down and that resulted in low line pressure where the rings couldn't seal,and you can figure the rest from there.Clutches went bye-bye.Got hot enough to melt the nylon bushings.I'm anxious to see what the car will do now!!Low line pressure and slipping 1st and 3rd clutches.Still carried the fronts 60 feet uot before settin' 'em down.Oughta see some better 60's than 1.52 now!!!3rd was burnt so bad that the clutches wouldn't lay flat.The centers were about 1/4" of the table ops:
Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by NorthMotorSports
time well spent and alot of money well wasted lol
You got that right. So much beter than wasting it on groceries and bills.

lol :lol:
Ya im just hopin my wife never asks to go to the shop with me cause on my desk is all the receipts that I have lol and she would whoot me dead on the spot if she saw how much money I spend in a month lol :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -