more chinese stuff

Old 01-09-2008, 04:22 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I would like to brag on the company I work for. I'm the shop supervisor of our machine shop. Our company makes our own product line of equipment to test, sample, or measure oil. It is a third generation privately owned company that celebrated it's 80th anniversary September of 2006.

With the price of oil you can imagine how busy we are. I keep hiring new people thinking I will get ahead of orders but we are still behind. I have been here 20 yrs. last Nov. 30th and they couldn't run me off with a stick. Just wanted to show there are still a few American companies doing good and serving America. Our overseas market and biodiesel market have probably tripled in the last 2 yrs. Guess we will just ride the wave for now.

http://www.wlwalker.com

Curtis
Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

I might be against the grain a bit but I see most of this outsourcing as the US is growing for good not bad. Try looking at it this way 8)

The US makes BIG important things like airplanes, cars, and new inventions. We are the most highly developed country in the world and we dont have time focus on minor manufacturing. Our time is to valuble to be manufacturing T-shirts.

while growing 3rd world countries (like China, India, Singapore, etc) NEED money and make smaller things that the US cant afford to make anymore since we are focusing on the bigger things. they make items that are more easily produced like T-shirts, computers, helmets, other cheap stuff.

Would you want to have the US fall behind on evolution and stick to making T-shirts or would you rather send those cheap easily reproduced items to somebody that would happily make them for $5 a day?

Basically we invent a product (like computers), sent it over seas to be produced for cheap, and buy them back so our citizens can afford to have these luxuries that would otherwise be impossible for them to afford. and thus we keep growing AND helping other countries grow.

PS, it might not sound like it but I am a Democrat. We dont need a war to help other countries, lol.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:35 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Next time you go to a harley store look on the back of the the part you will see made in china I love to see the old bikers look at guys putting around on hondas and say something like why dont you buy US check the package... :evil: :evil:
Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BASICLY IT GETS DOWN TO THIS---WE FIGHT WARS IN THE PAST TO GET OUR FREEDOM/WE FIGHT WARS TO PROTECT OUR HOMELAND/SCUMBAGS COME IN OUR COUNTRY AND ATTACK US AND WE FIGHT BACK [BLEEDING HEARTS GRIPE BECAUSE WE DO]--IF WE KEEP ALLOWING OUR PRODUCTS AND COMPANIES TO GO OVERSEAS THE SAME PEOPLE WE FOUGHT AGAINST WILL WIN OVER OUR COUNTRY BY BREAKING US FROM THE INSIDE---I HAVE LOST TOO MANY RELATIVES/ FAMILY/ AND GOOD FRIENDS[GOOD SOLDIERS]TO BUY FORIEGN PRODUCTS ANY MORE THEN I HAVE TO---PUT THE TARRIFS AND TAXES BACK ON THESE COMPANIES LIKE IT SHOULD BE AND THEY WILL BUILD MORE PLANTS HERE AND HIRER MORE SKILLED WORKERS HERE AND MAKE US THE TRUE UNITED STATES THAT WE USE TO BE AND STILL CAN BE!!!!---MY 2 CENTS WORTH AND THEN SOME 8) 8) --DENNIS;[ LIVELY IN ILLINOIS-USA]
Old 01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

I agree with the statement about t-shirts, along with sunglasses, kids toys, and misc $10 items. But what about cars, trucks, agricultural, mining, and construction equipment, along with ocean-going ships, and machine tools. Not quite the same as t-shirts. The sad fact is in a few years we won't even have the ability to operate the machinery used to manufacture the weapons to defend ourselves.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by v8Fiero
I might be against the grain a bit but I see most of this outsourcing as the US is growing for good not bad. Try looking at it this way 8)

The US makes BIG important things like airplanes, cars, and new inventions. We are the most highly developed country in the world and we dont have time focus on minor manufacturing. Our time is to valuble to be manufacturing T-shirts.

while growing 3rd world countries (like China, India, Singapore, etc) NEED money and make smaller things that the US cant afford to make anymore since we are focusing on the bigger things. they make items that are more easily produced like T-shirts, computers, helmets, other cheap stuff.

Would you want to have the US fall behind on evolution and stick to making T-shirts or would you rather send those cheap easily reproduced items to somebody that would happily make them for $5 a day?

Basically we invent a product (like computers), sent it over seas to be produced for cheap, and buy them back so our citizens can afford to have these luxuries that would otherwise be impossible for them to afford. and thus we keep growing AND helping other countries grow.

PS, it might not sound like it but I am a Democrat. We dont need a war to help other countries, lol.
No disrespect intended here....but

I worked at a factory for 12 years right after high school. They were very profitable and had plants all over the world. In 2004 they closed down the plant I worked at. Some of our business went to Mexico and other places. Almost 1000 people were terminated. Many of them had worked for that company all their adult life and had no education and no skills other than as a button pusher in that plant. I was fortunate enough to learn a skilled trade while there and I actually found a much better paying job..but I am in my early 30's. Finding another deceent paying job with no education when you are 50-60 yrs old isn't that easy.Many went bankrupt and lost everything.

Go tell them how "good" out sourcing is for our country. :?