v8 fiero on nitrous pics!

Old 01-20-2008, 01:11 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

That is one of the coolest cars I have ever seen in my life!!And I'm the guy that thinks Chevy quit building cars in 1972.Way out of the norm for me,looks like I need to broaden my horizons.VERY COOL and thanks for the pics.MORE
Old 01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Bud,just wondering.How does your clutch/shifter linkage(?) work in your ride?What kind of 5-speed is it?
Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

thanks, I just picked up my new engine last Friday. Its the one in my new sig... professionally built 509 casting 400sbc bored .020, 3.875 stroker, all forged bottom end, 13.5-1 comp, solid roller .625 lift cam, high rpm powerband cam, etc. I cant wait to get this in there and take it down the track! how long do I have to wait for all this snow to melt? way to long. Im going to convert a holley 850 carb over to e85 and run off that also.

the shift linkage is just like a FWD car exept roughted to the back, same with the throttle cable. and there is a huge line going from the clutch master cyl all the way back to the slave cyl. no big deal though, its the same as a brake line.

oh, I am planning on getting a differant air filter for this engine, I got the bug eye for decklid clearance on my old low profile dual plane manifold I had on it before. Im not going to have a decklid on it until the car is all dialed in and then Im have to cut holes in it for a velocity stack.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Nice.....
Can't wait to hear what it runs, but be careful though.

Racing starts in 2 weeks here at my local track in north Mississippi Ahhhhh, I can smell the rubber burning now.

Keep us updated, Charles
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="cepx111"]Nice.....

Racing starts in 2 weeks here at my local track in north Mississippi Ahhhhh, I can smell the rubber burning now.]

"THAT WOULD BE REAL NICE!!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
Nice.....

Racing starts in 2 weeks here at my local track in north Mississippi Ahhhhh, I can smell the rubber burning now.

Keep us updated, Charles
ok, you can stop rubbing salt into our wounds now and send that stuff up here so we can melt all this snow!! :lol:
Old 01-23-2008, 10:16 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry about that......lol Didnt mean to rub it in.

I bet ya'll are freezing your azz off up there now, been watching them sub digits numbers on the weather channel, BURRRRRRRRR!!!
I can relate though, I lived in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for three years and Its get colder than a well diggers azz there believe me and I was driving a 68 VW beetle with no heat! I remember one winter it being in the negative digits for weeks at a time, it was so cold the snout would freeze in your nose. When I first moved up there I seen all these cars with 110 plugs hanging out of there grills and I was like wtf?
Block heaters a must when it gets that cold I found out, I didn't have one on my little beetle and it had to sit and idle for about thirty minutes to warm the tranny up so I could shift it.
I couldn't wait to get back to the south, but let me tell you something, I never had to lock the door crime was non existent and I met some of the nicest people up there, not to mention all those lonely farmers daughters too.

>< Cp
Old 01-24-2008, 06:39 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

you know you live in the wrong place where your cast iron engine block will crack because it gets so cold, lol. my emergency winter vehicle, an old 87 chev suburban has 2 block heaters, an oil pan heater, and a tranny heater for those extreme nights. :shock:

I got the new engine out of the crate and bolted on to the cradle yesterday though! wasnt too bad yesterday, the high was 1F :twisted:

tee hee, those farmers daughters makes these cold nights a whole lot hotter. :wink:
Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="v8Fiero"] my emergency winter vehicle, an old 87 chev suburban has 2 block heaters, an oil pan heater, and a tranny heater for those extreme nights. :shock:

:shock: I'd hate to see your light bill :lol: