New NHRA Rules

Old 12-25-2007, 07:32 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default nhra

well in my 30+ years of racing ive been a member of nhra for the most part of it and ive never got anything from it but a rule book patch coupons etc... and of course the national dragster.ive raced at some nhra tracks that should of been tore up heck walmarts parking lot is better and smoother lol. the rules are our "guideline" and yes some are just plain stupid but in the most part ,saftey needs to come first. alot of the rules we "enjoy" now stemmed from some ones accident and also loss of their life. we all know we are taking a risk when we jump in our cars and how many of us that do run nhra tracks would have skimpt on some stuff in order to just finish the car?heck ive refused to run some"nhra legal car"and just let them run by themself. nhra has set the bar for saftey in a sport where anyone who attends the race could be killed. i remember several race tracks where the spectators had their feet on the guardrails while sitting in the stands! also blowers blowing off of fuelers in the air over 50 feet landing in the stands or just near by! some of the rules and regulations we need to protect ourselfs from ourselfs. im now not a member of nhra and i only will join again in 2008 to renew my top alcohol funny car license but as most of you i also have a big issue with the new nhra rules. just my 2 cents worth! mike
Old 12-26-2007, 04:37 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

is nhra changing there specs on tubing or what. i have looked at 3 different cars that were certifyed, after cert ran out the tubing is to thin to recert. tubing don't just get thinner on it's own. seems what is good now is nogood later.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:53 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've helt back on posting to this thread because i agree and dis-agree with a lot that has been said. First i run both NHRA and back country tracks and have for a long,long,long time. What no one has addressed, is the 1/2 million dollars insurance that NHRA provides for every racer in case of an accident, whether it be a major event or sat. nite et brackets. Try having a crash at you local backwoods track and you'll probably get billed for the ambulance ride to the hospital, not too mention all the medical cost. With that said i've been a member of NHRA forever and will continue to be. I've never built a car or owned one that would not certify NHRA. Most of the rules are in place for a good reason, although a lot seem stupid. IE: roll cage .125 mild steel tubing when you bend it it will stretch and become thinner than .120 which is the cut-off in certifaction. That's why it's safer to use .134 wall tubing, which weighs very little more and cost very little more. The engine diaper rule, i don't know how many of you have had a rod go thru the pan on top end, but i can tell you it can get harry at times when the oil hits the slicks, i've been there. Not to mention the cleanup time with so many people useing synthetic oil, that's a one hour cleanup. We all hate to come home from the track at 3:00am on sunday morning, and there's a lot of people using nitrous on engines not built for them so more blown engine in the future for sure.
I will continue to run backwoods tracks i love them, but at the same time i will contine to run NHRA tracks and know that i can certify anywhere i go to, and feel reasonable safe in the car i'm driving.

just my .02

Zip.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 PM
mark6052
APPRENTICE

Default pit rules

Im glad to hear about the exhaust rule for the generators. Im so tired of the jerkwad running there generac, noisy clunking generator into my pit area. If every body would have set them up in front of the trailer pointed away from everybody it would help. and those ones on a slide out Ive shoved right back into the guys trailer. hint: they get in the way of the other guys pit space. everybody wants respect, great, try show some first.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: pit rules

Originally Posted by mark6052
Im glad to hear about the exhaust rule for the generators. Im so tired of the jerkwad running there generac, noisy clunking generator into my pit area. If every body would have set them up in front of the trailer pointed away from everybody it would help. and those ones on a slide out Ive shoved right back into the guys trailer. hint: they get in the way of the other guys pit space. everybody wants respect, great, try show some first.

yeaaah them dag blame...noisey generators !!!!..they are so dang loud i lose my concentration as the earth shaking Top fuel cars come by....
...glad something was done about that...whewwwww...we almost didn't make it.... :shock:

ps. whats wrong with generic generators ?. do they have a banned rule section for these also ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: pit rules

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by mark6052

yeaaah them dag blame...noisey generators !!!!..they are so dang loud i lose my concentration as the earth shaking Top fuel cars come by....
...glad something was done about that...whewwwww...we almost didn't make it.... :shock:

ps. whats wrong with generic generators ?. do they have a banned rule section for these also ?
Don't know about all of the gereracs, but my 5500 has a honda motor on it and it's pretty quiet.

Zip.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:42 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

lmao zip...

Old 12-27-2007, 01:56 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I myself have a genarator with a 11hp suburu motor, I chain it up, to the tongue on the trailer, and have noticed a lot of others that do the same, it sure doesnt bother anybody up there and like brian said with all the hot rods running , I ask what genarator, you dont even notice them
Old 12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ps. whats wrong with generic generators ?. do they have a banned rule section for these also
BRIAN 8) 8)
IT IS LOWER DOWN ON THE SAME PAGE AS FART MUZZLER[ 2ND COLUMN]

LIVELY
Old 12-28-2007, 04:37 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

:roll: :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -