I think i did the right thing..YOU TELL ME ?

Old 07-03-2007, 05:07 AM
cobrajet428
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I sold a tranny on Ebay for $300 and had to build a crate for it because they would not accept it just strapped to a pallet. I did not charge the buyer for building the crate or having to take it all the way to Tampa from Lakeland to ship it. It seems like for the amount of money that you are paying for this tranny that the shipping would be included. Also, that's alot of money to send to a stranger without some kind of money trail or someone to back the transaction so that if something goes wrong you could make a claim. Paypal would be a better way of paying for it but giving him a deposit and picking it up personally is the best method when a large amount of money is involved. Besides, I think you can do better somewhere's else for this product. Good Luck, George
Old 07-03-2007, 05:58 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Brian, ol buddy ol pal.... :lol:
you said yourself stuff is only worth about 1/2 of new price, seems that tranny may be a little high, and if you gotta drive 1/2 way, that adds into the cost when you figure the price of gas these days.
Idono, the guy may be honest and upstanding, but there seems to be a few red flags here. You dont know if the trans is ok till you get it in the car anyway....
If it was my money, I would pass on this deal and buy new from a reputable (sp) trans shop, you are going to need a "good" tranny in that vette regardless, so this is no place to try to save a couple of bucks.....
just my opinion there my friend...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

There's red flags popping up all over this deal in my opinion. Like others have mentioned, look into a transmission from a builder like Abruzzi or Carl Rossler. I'd hate to see you spend $ 2600 for that trans. and find out it's junk inside. Since you have posted this asking if you're doing the right thing, it sounds like you have doubts also. Follow your instincts. You'll probably get some flack from the owner, but you'll still have your money.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thanks guys..i wanted you all to know how this came to a conclusion today.The wife ( tammy) called me today (12:00pm)..and advised me she did not appreciate my message i sent on the RJ message center. She advised they have sold an 8k motor off racing junk.etc.etc..etc...and basically she did not appreciate my hesitation in sending the money....
she advised that if they sent COD and i refused the pick up they have to eat shipping charges..i said NO! not if i gave a deposit..she then said she didn't want to give out the address to the house in AZ because the house is empty but she would tell me in person so i could map quest..LOL..( now guys please keep in mind by now i have already decided in my head there was no way i was going to pursue the deal,,but was having fun at this point because the phone call was so ridiculous)...well what it comes down to is they didn't appreciate my caution for good business practice but they felt more than right to treat me with the same if not more caution..WHEW...well, i had a plan worked out so No-one could lose..i would send a small deposit a and they ship the tranny..it gets here and i pay for it it...DONE DEAL..everybody is happy and PROTECTED..well at about this point of the conversation...she 'Tammy" said,"Well you know we really don't care if we sale the tranny or not"...So i replied in a very nice polite voice that i would pass on the tranny and the phone call ended.....They "Tammy and Steve" may be some staright up people..i have nothing to say other wise..but i will say THEY WILL NOT make any effort what-so-ever to work with a buyer even if it means zero chance of loss to them..they also have some very strange circumstances surrounding their situation with the tranny etc.....Maybe she is correct when saying they do not care of they sale or not...Well, Tammy i can predict your future on the tranny for sure..it will NOT SALE..if you #1 do not get it in your possesion #2 work with your buyers just a little...maybe their will be some idiot that will send you $2500 plus shipping ..but Bjuice is not going to do it.....
Please read the RJ messages below leading up to the last phone call from Tammy this morning..i think you will find this amusing.....thanks to all for your input....

On [2007-06-29 10:30:01] bjuice wrote:
> > > > Lets try to work something out on the tranny...all i am aksing is a little help on the shipping .
> > > >
> > > > thanks brian

 I wanted to clarify, you are paying for the shipping because I have to pay my brother in law 100.00 to put the trans on a pallet to be shipped. Let me know
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve

On [2007-06-29 21:43:12] brehmreeper wrote:
> > > Brian,
> > >
> > > My address is 16216 S Pine St Chandler AZ 85225.

On [2007-07-02 09:42:41] bjuice wrote:
> > Steve- I got a chance to think the deal over on the weekend and i have come to the conclusion that i would feel better if i picked up the tranny in person.I have the money and i will purchase it from you...I just DO NOT have a good feeling putting this much money in the mail sending to someone nearly 2,000 miles away whom i have never met or a tranny i have never seen ( in person)....i would be more than happy to meet whoever anywhere in the state of TENNESSE and purchase the tranny in person..this way i feel good about the deal and so will you...i can leave as early as Friday....this is probably more than 1/2 way to MO
> > Please do not take this personally. i am sure you would have the same feeling i am having if you were the buyer...
> >
> > your ad said you would meet a buyer 1/2 way from stockton MO.......WHEN YOU GET THIS..please return an e-mail or call me SO WE CAN CONFIRM THIS DEAL..YOU CAN CONSIDER THIS TRANNY SOLD....
> >
> > if you would like a $100.00 deposit or something along those lines to show you my sincerity i would have no problem sending something like this to you.
> >
> > Thanks- Brian

On [2007-07-02 20:09:25] brehmreeper wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Brian,
>
> After reading your email I have come to the conclusion that you will need to purhase a transmission from someone other than me. To clarify when Tammy lowered the price on the transmission she did not edit anything else in the ad. Therefore meeting 1/2 way from stockton is not possible because we both live in AZ now. Sorry this did not work out.
> Thanks,
> Steve

Steve:
ok no problem. i hope you understand its nothing personal its just good safe business.good luck in getting someone to send that much money up front ! Its just too risky of a market this day and time to send $2600 to a stranger 2,000 miles away..would you do this ??..a small amount of $$ i would take the chance but not $2600...i see people getting RIPPED OFF everyday day over on the forum. if you want to send the tranny COD..then feel welcome to let me know..you can check with ANY shipper "carrier" (UPS,R@LCARRIERS or whomever you wish to choose) and verify with them if the tranny is sent COD they must collect from me before turning over the tranny.i will even pay for the shipping charges and COD charges..i would even send you a deposit for $100.00 to show my sincerity as early as tommorrow.."postal money order" 2nd day air and send tracking number....i feel i have made MORE than a FAIR offer to purchase the tranny.if you still cannot see the deal happening i understand.

thanks Brian

thats when the phone call came i told you about at the begining of the post..

AMUSING ISN'T IT ????????

Thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

thats some funny shit right there, brian, I think I would almost like to see that tranny work in a car also before I bought. Big red flags up there, get ya a new one or one from a local racer you know!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
cobrajet428
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Hey bjuice, check out the ad from Abruzzi for their bracket champions powerglide trans on RJ main page, $2150! Call them, I'm sure they will work with you. George
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

...i will do that George thanks a ton....man ain't there some screwed up people out there ( here)..

hey guys i got a diamond ring i will sell you..its in Canada and i live in Mexico but will soon move to Kentucky where i can have my cousin bill from Virgina ship the ring from FLorida but i cannot give the address becuase the house is empty and we do not need a empty house broken into.....LMAO....Sorry guys that is the way it sounded to me....LOL... :lol: :lol: ...Thats when i started having fun with all this and sharing with you guys...LOL

Brian

Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

Don't forget Brian, you gotta send the cousin a $100 to put it in the box!

(I've been lovin' this one. LMFAO :lol: )

AL
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Your right AL..I ALMOST FORGOT......AHHHHHHH..."I really do not care if i sell it or not"...but send the $100.00 just in case i change my mind...LOL

bRIAN

Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

ya cant put a diamond ring in a box, ya gotta strap it to a pallet....
I can vouch for Brian, I live in Canada, and I seen a diamond ring here, once....must belong to him... :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -