Woodsman's 66 Nova

Old 06-09-2007, 01:21 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian, Mike will be able to get that integrated in there as well to make the whole job go smoother an easier. Thanks for the info. Wesley
Old 06-09-2007, 02:33 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by woodsman
Man you two guy's are crazy an I mean that in a very good way. But you lost me on the water. lol. Wesley
Drink the water and let me know how you feel the next day, then I think you will understand....Here in the "Deep South", we call them the trots....
and in France they call it every day life...."Like Ole Meico"
Old 06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

lotsof454sss I am now with you a 110% I read this post two times trying to find where someone said something about water and could find nothing on it. But you are referring to the post that I was talking to Ed in. I am a bit slow but I get it in the end. Yes you are right about drinking the tap water overseas it can get you. As you say about Mexico the Wife and I have spent sometime down there and we stick to bottle water. In my line of work I have been to around 30 to 35 countrys so I learned my lesson early on in life about drinking other countrys water. I am typing this post from Cameroon, Africa. But I want to thank you guy's for the warning and we will take your advice. Wesley
Old 06-09-2007, 04:38 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I am typing this post from Cameroon, Africa

Ain't that where they eat people :?: I know they got lions and that kinda stuff there :shock: I am not trying to hijack your thread but man your traveling some troubled waters...Have fun I guess 8)
Old 06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Perry I have been from north Africa to as far down as the Cape in the south and never seen any Lions Tigers or Bears but I have seen a few cows, chickens an goats I hope no offence taken about the goats an a pig or two. Well for me I do not men gal in the general public for obvious reasons while carrying a blue Passport. Well keep it safe as I know you will. Wesley
Old 06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Well its official now I will have to borrow some money from Slowman to get this project finished. We got the Procharger in and Mike went to install it but of course it want fit. So now will have to take it down to East Texas Race Cars and get Vic Curster to get the roll bar out of the way while he is building my headers. Then get the bar painted again. So I can say this is getting to be more fun as we go along. Mama said that its not any fun to her. Wesley
Old 06-15-2007, 04:49 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hello Wesley
I only have seen pics of your car now for the first time. That is very nicely done
I also am very impressed with your engine and the Pro Charger. I look forward to seeing more of your car
take care
Tom
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Well I have a small update Mike has all the inside of the car back out and ready to put the new tunnel in. He also has all of the fuel system in and ready to go just have the digital 7 to wire up. An then its off to the chassis shop. Well I hope the rest of your projects are still moving along. Wesley
Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Wes,
Vic Custer has an awsum reputation. For whatever that is worth to ya.

About your car" Man I can't think of anything fitting to say. I am almost speeechless about it. Wow!

Did you build it for any specific class? I am wondering about that front end and control arms on it?

I do hope you get to bring it to Evadale, just N. of Beaumont on the 21st of July even if to match race with it. WE are supposed to have two magazine photographers there doing on site photography and reporting. Wes Buck Editor & Photragpher with Drag Illustrated and Wes Strom Staff Photographer & Reporter with RPM Magazine are supposed to be on site. I am pretty sure they would love to shoot your car in pics. At least I think so. I know both guys so maybe that may help some.

That car is so awsum to see.

Ed
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ed you are right Vic does some of the finest work I have seen and I have seen a lot. Me an my brother had him build us a Promod car for us in the early 90's when Promod's there just breaking into the 4's.Well thats long passed as you know and the guy's that we ran are still in it big time. Frankie Taylor has done very well with his career as Gaylen Smith has. We had got ours to run 5.24 without the NOS. But brother got married and you know the rest. Maybe you seen us the car was called the Driller and we ran at Navasota Raceway back when it was open. Well anyway that was the good old days. Well this car started out as a street hotrod but once that you have gone fast you want to go faster and you know the rest of that one too. So my plan now is to try to get this one to run a 4.70 and run the 5.00 index class and go from there. Ed I would love to bring it to the race on the 21st but I will not have time to get it together by that time. Vic has to build some headers redo the right front roll bar to get the procharger in it and put a Promod style fab 9 under it. So still have lots to do. But may get my brother to bring his truck that is just as fine as mine and some people may like it more. When I get back in the States my wife can post some pictures of it so you can see what you think. Well Ed sorry my car want be able to make it but I will see you at the track. And thanks for the magazine invite but will have to catch that next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -