engine stuff

Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

OK Carl,.....I'll go out on a limb and guess 11.8's to 12-oh's. Like you said,... you need to hook it up.Still, it sounds like a fun street car!!! Hopfully it won't be too long before you can get the new car bugs worked out and need some new Fruit Of The Looms!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 AM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

Sounds like ya had a blast, CONGRAT's!

I run T/A Drag Radials (cheater slick style) They last pretty good on the street( & r legal, barely) but they hook up pretty good when ya get 'em hot.

What'ya guys think? Anything better for the price?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:26 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

carl are you going to take to the strip very offten? if so are you going to get a set of extra wheels for rear and some slicks or street legal slicks, les schwab has the corvette type rally wheels cheap, then some bfg goodrich drag radials or hoosiers quick time pros and traction will be better
Old 05-27-2007, 05:37 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default et

way to go carl!!! as above the first time back is terrible but it does get better. if you bring it home all in one peice with nothing dragging you did good! all the oil in the right spots is a good sign i bet you will be in the 11.80s to low 12.0s in no time which is no slouch for a street car! scare some rice burners for all of us! good luck!!! mike
Old 05-27-2007, 06:10 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you everyone!!!!

I appreciate the good words and the help.

I am going to use MT street drag radials, they have a size that will mount right up and fit inside my wheel wells.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:18 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Here are a cpl of pics from Friday...

Old 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Carl I think you are going to use the right tire for the job and your hotrod looks good on the track. Wesley
Old 05-27-2007, 07:46 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Glad to see it running, a little sorting out and you should hit your number.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:33 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Dang it BOY......that car LOOKS AWESOME !!.......you really did well..

No wonder your 60 ft time was off..with that tire..i thought you had some DRAG RADIALS ON IT...

JEZZZ MAN....that was just like trying to leave on a sheet of ICE...those tires will never work....

SO I AM MORE than confident that there is well over A second lost in by using those tires.....

ALL BULLCRAP ASIDE I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR CAR !!!!!

Brian " Beetle juice"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-27-2007, 08:41 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Dang it BOY......that car LOOKS AWESOME.......you really did well..

No wonder your 60 ft time was off..with that tire..i thought you had some DRAGE RADIALS ON IT...

JEZZZ MAN....that was just like trying to leave on a sheet of ICE...those tire will never work....

SO I AM MORE than cobfident that there is well over A second lost in by using those tires.....

ALL BULLCRAP ASIDE I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR CAR !!!!!

Brian " Beetle juice"

Thank you Brian!!!!!!

No, I had some tires ordered but they never did come in (no money parted with) so I cancelled the order and I now have a set coming, I plan to mount them to the wheels I have and just run on them unless I plan a road trip.

I cannot wait to get back there but I need to move my fuel regulator, it is too close to the firewall, and I got up this morning and I could hardly keep it running, and man was it rich....puking smoke like a mad man, so after consulting a back yard mechanic...lol...(you know who you are)...lol, I am thinking a plugged somewhere. With the new braided line we are thinking it was not flushed and some little pieces of rubber etc are the culprits.

Anyway, Thanks again everyone for the encouragement and faith in my baby to go as fast as I think she can. 8)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service