engine stuff

Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

Carl,... let us see the tire smoke pics as you get them!!! I have a set of used M&H Race masters and rims when you need `em! :lol:
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Acouple comments and a question....

I got to drive my baby for the first time in a year. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I must say it scared the crap out of me and never got out of first gear. :shock: :mrgreen:

I will also say it is faster than my old 69 Chevelle and it put out just over 500hp.

Now, the question.

Is 393 rwhp good, back in the old days I never paid attention to rwhp.

I actually pick it up tomorrow at noon, thay want to get one last tuning pull on it and make sure the airflow is right. It is running just a rad lean right now.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:28 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Carl- YES thats good considering your motor made 461 hp..this means you only lost 15% thru the chassis....i do not know what you have done to the chassis but there are everal things you can do to possibly help this out a little more..but 15% loss of hp thru thur the chassis is pretty freakin good...be hard to make up much here...

the big thing when you get some sticky tires on it is to make sure you limit your chassis flex as much as possible..excessive chassis flex can warp the top of your car etc when you hook it up.....good subframe connectors is a great investment..a 65 chevelle is a sub-frame car best of my memory..as long as you are spinning things will be OK..less than 125 dollars you can tie her in and feel the difference..

good luck and congrats..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Carl- YES thats good considering your motor made 461 hp..this means you only lost 15% thru the chassis....i do not know what you have done to the chassis but there are several things you can do to possibly help this out a little more..but 15% loss of hp thru thru the chassis is pretty freakin good...be hard to make up much here...

the big thing when you get some sticky tires on it is to make sure you limit your chassis flex as much as possible..excessive chassis flex can warp the top of your car, cause doors not to open and closeetc...this is when you hook her up with slicks at the dragstrip etc...a good set subframe connectors is a great investment..a 65 chevelle is a sub-frame car best of my memory :?: :?: :roll: ..as long as you are spinning the thje tires on the street you will have no problem...less than 125 dollars you can tie her in and really feel the difference..

good luck and congrats..

Brian

Old 05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Brian.

They were telling me it was very tight even with the trans and converter.

The 65 is a full frame and I have been looking at these...From Global West...Rear adjustable frame supports tie the upper and lower control arm frame attachment points together giving added strength to mainly the upper mount. The upper mount has been known to fatigue with high horsepower / torque applications. The factory original supports where stamped with slotted holes. The holes being slotted is the main problem. The slots will allow slippage defeating the purpose. The tubular supports will eliminate that condition. (preventive maintenance) TS-47 ---- 1964-67

Here is the link to the page... http://www.globalwest.net/New%20rear...lications..htm

I have heard good about this set up, plus I have a set of anti-hops.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

THERE YA GO !!!.... I had a buddy that has a 66 chevelle that went back with i think "HOTCHKINS"..i am sure i spelled it wrong...

but it all sound's good....by losing only 15% thru the chassis tell you that your converter is dead nuts...

it will make sure one hot 'HOT ROD"....

LATER- Brian

Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm happy for ya Carl. Nothing but fun times ahead. Sounds like everything is working out great for you. You'll have a blast with that set up.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Carl,

Glad you are getting your HOT ROD going again! You should enjoy the heck out of it this summer! Looks very nice, and plenty of power for a nice street car.

But don't let Brian know it scared you! How are you going to get in that Vett with 1200 real HP at your right foot? I would retract that statement for future use of that Vett.

Dave
Old 05-23-2007, 01:05 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

She is home and I retract last nights statement.

The 393 rwhp went to a 35 Plymouth Coupe.
It has a vortec 383 spinning 475 fwhp.

They have not hp dynoed it yet on their chassis dyno.

They will throw in 4 pulls after I take it to the track Friday.

I will say it has all the power and then some, the torque comes on so quick and really tries to throw you out of the seat.

Well, now it's off to finish the interior and make ready for Friday nights race.

PS Quick question. My safety loop is hitting my driveline on bumps in the road.....anyone care to guess as to why the drivline is moving around so much? It did it when I had my seat belt bolts close to the driveline as well, I have since moved them.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

carl glad you are getting close!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -