Boxing???

Old 05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Boxing Update!!

My son Riley was told last night he finally is ready for 1st amateur fight. It will be in about 1 month in Portland (about 2hours from our city). The kid looks good. I am really proud of him. For an 11 year old, I am amazed to be honest. All of this is against mom's best wishes... but no major injuries so far.

I personally have been in the ring so many times now sparring that I can't count them all (3-4 nights a week). Everything my son learns takes me double time to execute properly. After all of this training, my best move is faint to overhand right. My jab sucks still. It has been 8 months for me & I still have over 20lbs to loose. Lost 22lbs, & 2 inches on my waist. Still sore all the time. Not sure if I can do this too long... it is been HARD on my body.

I just want to fight one time & bow out gracefully... but not ready still. Boxing is way easier to teach than do. Thanks for the support & positive remarks guys.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Congratulations and hope you keep enjoying your boxing. Sounds like you are putting in the effort and time. Hope you do well.