Tribute to my Brother

Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Tribute to my Brother

I have kept this inside the last two weeks, but now reality has set in and the shock has passed I have to share this with you for many reasons some of the reasons may be obvious and some may not but trust me there is a Great purpose in me sharing my personal life most of you know I am semi-private at the least

I got a Call Monday July 2nd that my brother was taken away by ambulance and he wasn't breathing and they were performing CPR. I went into a blank moment but I managed to collect my seneses enough to call the ER to see if they had him. They said yes we do have him then I ask could they tell me anything. they put me on hold and said they would have his wife call me back.I knew then it wasn't good..less then 2 minutes his wife called me screaming my brother was dead.

I took off as fast As I could to the Hospital and at that time no family member was allowed to see him. I made a call to the head coroner who I knew back in my law enforcement days and he Said Brian I will be there in 30 minutes. He took me down to the morgue and there I saw my kid brother on a gurney dead just as they brought him in..I dropped to my knees and prayed out loud wishing in some kind of way it was me instead !

Come to find out he and his wife were in a bitter seperation and bitter custody Battle..we all have our Faults but one of my brothers past faults was to relieve his mental pain or coping skills he turned to narcotics...We do not believe it was suicide but an accidental over dose. we will know more when the toxicology report comes back..but what was found on him was time realeased morphine and we have a hunch maybe a small bag of white powder was dropped off to him...therefore whatever he took already he had no way of knowing how pure the other stuff he got was...and bottom line it took him out..again the reports will tell us the truth about that.

what takes the cake is his 9 year old Son found him.

My heart is heavy and I have cried all day..its my brothers Birthday today 07/17/1967.....

I wanted to share this with all of you to keep you aware of your Friends and family that have had this problem in the past...My brother completed a 12 step program and graduated 12/24/2011...and I thought he was clean up until 07/02/2012 .

I type this message with tears in my eyes in hopes maybe this will save just one person....I am not ashamed of my brother not the problems he had I only wished I could have done more...keep his son's in your thoughts and prayers Josh 22 and Sean 9.
Until we meet again my Brother ..I love you !

here is his obituary

Gregory Lane McSwain, 44, of Greenville, passed away July 2, 2012.

Surviving are his wife, Nickie McSwain; two sons, Joshua Daniel McSwain, age 22; and Sean Patrick McSwain, age 9; his step son, Zachary Andrew Chandler, age 20; his parents, Gary McSwain and Gloria McSwain; his brother, Brian (Joyce) McSwain; and his niece Greyson McSwain.

He is also survived by his grandmothers, Louise McSwain and Dorothy Catron; his grandfather, Robert Catron and his aunt, Margaret McSwain.

Memorial services will be held Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 2:00pm in the Chapel of Westville Funeral Home.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family for Sean's care. Please address them to Shelby McSwain

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

wow ... sorry to hear man...... stay strong and ask the lord to take care of him! were all here for ya anytime you wanna talk brutha :wink:
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry about the news. Thoughts and prayers going out for you and yours.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

...... I really don't know what to say. Truly sorry to hear about this.
Text sent. Call me anytime or if you need anything.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Very sorry to hear this Brian. Don't know how to make it better for ya but Tostoracing will pray for you and your family. Very difficult to deal with now but be strong for the whole family and you take care of yourself too.
God love ya.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Brian I am so sorry for your loss. I know your pain and I am still dealing with my sisters loss from an overdose. If you need anything brother you have my number. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

B

So sorry.

Be strong my friend. There are people who need your strength right now.

S
Old 07-17-2012, 04:40 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear that man, the kid,s will need their uncle more than ever now, and i know you will be there.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:20 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Brian that took alot to type that. Thoughts and prayers go to your brothers and your family. If any of us can do anything you know we will. You have alot of our numbers call if needed.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:29 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

man Brian I'm sorry to hear thought and prairs to you and your family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -