Quick question

Old 05-13-2011, 07:32 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

well ya could put mild 350 in her and set the rebuilt nm motor off to the side
Old 05-14-2011, 07:08 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

You have a leaking head gasket :!: Water pump won't push back into the overflow :!: :!:

Mark
Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I agree with Zipper, or i have seen a partly cogged raditor do the same. The water cant flow freely builds up back pressure and pushes back into the over flow bottle and can happen with week rad cap too. JMO
Old 05-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

As always, thanks gentlemen.

Decided to install the new front springs/shocks & do some light front-end work & then pull the motor in about a week when that is done. Got an engine stand, got a engine hoist lined up, buying new heads soon too. Going to stay w/ the 327 block, but get better aluminum heads. So far I think I will keep it pretty mild & not get too carried away. What do you think about a 250ish/480ish cam w/ my 4 speed??? With 202/160 heads, but use same crank & new bearings, soft gear drive, rings, oil pump, etc.... you think that cam is too big for a street car?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
As always, thanks gentlemen.

Decided to install the new front springs/shocks & do some light front-end work & then pull the motor in about a week when that is done. Got an engine stand, got a engine hoist lined up, buying new heads soon too. Going to stay w/ the 327 block, but get better aluminum heads. So far I think I will keep it pretty mild & not get too carried away. What do you think about a 250ish/480ish cam w/ my 4 speed??? With 202/160 heads, but use same crank & new bearings, soft gear drive, rings, oil pump, etc.... you think that cam is too big for a street car?
not all all, I have a 492 lift cam in my Camaro, with the 4 speed you dont have to worry about it loading up in gear at idle like an automatic, I am idling easy at about 850-900 rpm all day long.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...