No Do Not Ban Julian
26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

ban Julian or Not ban Julian

Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Well, I will go against the grain on this one. Scorp hit some great points. I think we are all guilty of hijacking threads at times and I think sometimes what we think is the right way to deal with someone is not necessarily the correct way.

The one thing we really have to understand in dealing on www is that we are a melting pot of characters and attitude. What may seem to be a proper way to handle something for me may not seem to be the proper way for Scorp or Chris or Mark, etc.

I think the Mods have done a very fair job on trying to handle things. They have spoken when needed and watched when appropriate. It is always a tough call as a moderator to have to step in and make a decision like this.

I think it is time for everyone involved in the postings to step back from the mud slinging and finger pointing. Take a deep breath and walk away. Move on and just ignore future comments or replying to those you just don't seem to be able to agree with.

Just my opinion...but I could be wrong.
Shawn: I respect you for saying this. I wish I could will myself to behave like you speak about above. Call the Irish in me... whatever. Although you are absolutely correct; I will jump in the fight every time when it is my friend being unfairly attacked. Jillian was threatening him with warrants, arrests, etc... please... the guy is problem where ever he goes b/c of his attitude. Personally, I think people who are that arrogant in their insecurities need to be HAMMERED until they get some humility BEATEN into them. We are helping this Jillian understand that RESPECT & FRIENDSHIP IS EARNED. I have your backs; I really do. I make all kinds of mistakes in a day sometimes. Tell me if I am out of line- I will correct my behavior because I respect you. Will he??? But unfairly threaten my family or my friends, all bets are off.

Yeah it is a wwwforum, but the same people that really frequent this place are pals. It is about friendship... which takes time, trust, humility, etc... why is this place so great??? Friends. It's the people who make it so special. One guy who thinks this is a penis-swinging contest can really mess up things around here. Good people blow out because of it. Those people are often times my friends. Anyone seen Rudy??? Look at the ROOT cause of many times there is a major problem on here. I think sometimes it evolves from people like Jillian. The guy comes in here like a disease & infects this place. For that reason I fully support the Moderators.

I may be wrong here... would not be the first time. Nevertheless, you guys are all great folks that are drawn here for different reasons. Thanks for putting up with me.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Rigsby... my fair skinned, sun burnt brother!! Trust me, the Irish runs hard here most days. Thank my Grandmother for that (and the ability to hold my beer). But I have learned to step back and look. Are we letting emotion drive what we are posting? Are we posting to defend or posting to beat someone into submission of I am wrong? I think that occassionally we ALL get hung up on a topic and push it a little too far as we let emotion run the keyboard.

Like you, I like this place and the tight knit loyalty that is here. We are going to get the 1 or 2 Julians that come in and feel unwanted. These people that think creating multiple screen names and coming in here to play is entertaining don't understand that the majority of us have been around the block with that crap and it gets old real quick. He was looking for attention and got it. Just in the wrong way.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well said my friend... I can't argue with that. BTW: good to see a few Irish lads around here.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Rigsby... my fair skinned, sun burnt brother!! Trust me, the Irish runs hard here most days. Thank my Grandmother for that (and the ability to hold my beer). But I have learned to step back and look. Are we letting emotion drive what we are posting? Are we posting to defend or posting to beat someone into submission of I am wrong? I think that occassionally we ALL get hung up on a topic and push it a little too far as we let emotion run the keyboard.

Like you, I like this place and the tight knit loyalty that is here. We are going to get the 1 or 2 Julians that come in and feel unwanted. These people that think creating multiple screen names and coming in here to play is entertaining don't understand that the majority of us have been around the block with that crap and it gets old real quick. He was looking for attention and got it. Just in the wrong way.
I agree with what you are saying and that's what I tried and tried and tried to get julian to do. Leave it alone and he never would and he NEVER WOULD no matter how long he was on here.
He said all he wanted was for Mark to admit to all the bs and he would quit posting about it.
It would not have ended it. It just would have been something else.
By now means am I the brightest bulb in the pack, but at least I know how to get along with people and if the majority of the people didn't like my attitude I would change it or leave on my own. He was never gonna do either one.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Shawm,Rabbit, Scoot,Scorp and everyone else that has taken the time to comment on this situation...THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart...pressing the ban button is a very diffcult thing to do although the phyiscal aspect of it is simple.

I wanted to make sure I gave this guy every opportunity to make it Right before I jumped and made a move..its like Shooting a gun..once you have pulled the trigger there is no going back

I think the problem may have taken care of itself (Without any Action taken on my end)...I will go ahead and admit this cause some may not believe it....when I cast my Vote...I voted "NO"...not to ban him....lol. 8) ...I wanted the Man to have at least one Vote in his corner although I know he is dead wrong in his actions.

Everyone has bads Days...YES including me...so let me go ahead and take this moment and say if I have ever did anything to Hurt anyone in anyway I apologize it was not intentional or meant to be a permanent thing anyhow.
My job here is to protect you guys and keep peace...not to inflict any damage..I fully understand and respect the Authority this site has given me.."With Authority Comes Responsibility"

thanks for the words of reason Shawn...your a good fella !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Big409
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by bjuice
Shawm,Rabbit, Scoot,Scorp and everyone else that has taken the time to comment on this situation...THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart...pressing the ban button is a very diffcult thing to do although the phyiscal aspect of it is simple.

I wanted to make sure I gave this guy every opportunity to make it Right before I jumped and made a move..its like Shooting a gun..once you have pulled the trigger there is no going back

I think the problem may have taken care of itself (Without any Action taken on my end)...I will go ahead and admit this cause some may not believe it....when I cast my Vote...I voted "NO"...not to ban him....lol. 8) ...I wanted the Man to have at least one Vote in his corner although I know he is dead wrong in his actions.

Everyone has bads Days...YES including me...so let me go ahead and take this moment and say if I have ever did anything to Hurt anyone in anyway I apologize it was not intentional or meant to be a permanent thing anyhow.
My job here is to protect you guys and keep peace...not to inflict any damage..I fully understand and respect the Authority this site has given me.."With Authority Comes Responsibility"

thanks for the words of reason Shawn...your a good fella !

I would like to say that I am VERY SORRY for anyone that I may have said bad things to or was messing around with. Guys, this is hard for me, not to say I'm sorry, it's hard for me to realize that I bought into the silliness that was going on.

I guess the keyboard got to me. I was mostly kidding around and it got out of hand. I do have to admit that it got out of hand when some of you guys (I will not name anyone) kind of picked on me. Maybe you guys were kidding around with me. But no matter how I look at it, I was wrong and I feel very bad about that. I'm not asking for anybody to forgive me because I'm not sure I forgive myself.

Maybe some of it was that I was very jealous of the relationships you all have on here. I had a whole lot of friends in drag racing and went through a bad time with an illness and just wanted to be alone. Now most of my friends don't want to be friends with me any more. Maybe I hurt them because I stopped communicating with them but I never was mean to them. I actually stopped communicatig with them because I didn't want to hurt them because I was in such a bad mood. I know I have said a lot of stupid stuff at times that I am sorry for, really sorry for. but like the old saying goes, a true friend would forgive you no matter what. So, I guess they may not have been real friends.

Now, as far as having 2 names, after the bad deal I had on RJ (and that was 1 bad deal out of 7) I felt that I had to change my name because I got phone calls and was physically threatened by another RJ member. I won't mention his name either. Yes, I did go to the police, not sure if they did anything but I know that I stopped getting phone calls. So to try to be a friend on here, I thought it would have been impossible for me to use my original name.

So with all that being said, this is just another boneheaded mistake I need to live with. Believe me it's not the first one and it probably won't be the last. But one thing Goomba never wanted to do or ever wants to do was to hurt anyone. I'm sorry. I wanted to clear the air. You guys really have something special on here I now realize that I screwed that up too.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:08 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

your 100% Cool with me 409....thanks Bud

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

409 I apologize for thing's i said to you, Now let's get this forum back where it need's to be and bust scammers azzes :!: :!:

Mark
Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

BJ, we've got your back!! If I were a mod my actions would have been different too. There is a big difference and I know that.

To big409
a true friend would forgive you no matter what
and you will not find a better, more sincere group of friends than right here. Like Scooter said, we come from all walks of life and have been through a lot together. I've cried from pain and sorrow and even death.
I've dissagreed with and laughed with all these guys for several years. They are like family to me.
The door is open. All you gotta do is come in and hang out with us.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Is it too late to still vote? :P :P :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -