nhra diaper rule

Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

If they say you have to run diapers in Stock and Super Stock then I have to buy two different diapers to run each class. Are they gunna make us change diapers every two years like seat belts? I'm not whinning but running NHRA is costing more and more every year. Maybe they don't want us running Stock and Super Stock. I know they hate the 90 classes.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH REAL SAFETY--BUT-DO YOU HAVE TO BUY AN NHRA DIAPER [ARE OTHER TYPES NOT ALLOWED--ARE THEY GOING TO BE BAD IN ONE SEASON--]

REALLY---NHRA NEVER LEAVES ANYTHING ALONE--MOST OF THE RACERS I KNOW CAN NOT AFFORD TO RUN NHRA TRACKS AT ALL!

I CAN SEE IT NOW---THICK RUBBER SURROUNDING YOUR CAR/AND A 60 MPH SPEED LIMIT ON THE TRACK 8) :?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

There are SFI ballistic diapers but these are what you see strapped to the classes like TF, Funny Car, alky cars and pro mod cars. There are NHRA accepted diapers that do not have SFI tags or require recerts.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:33 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i get a good deal on diapers from the drug store here!!and they got them in xl size too!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:09 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i get a good deal on diapers from the drug store here!!and they got them in xl size too!
Before I was able to figure out the problem with the steering on my roadster I needed those. Now I have a DRE diaper just for the car. :lol: :lol:

Curtis
Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default diaper

Darrel Ridgeway Engineering. DRE. Cerro Gordo, Illinois.

enginediapers.com

He custom makes non SFI sportsman diapers for anything including drivers seats. Pricing is fair.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by lively
If they say you have to run diapers in Stock and Super Stock then I have to buy two different diapers to run each class. Are they gunna make us change diapers every two years like seat belts? I'm not whinning but running NHRA is costing more and more every year. Maybe they don't want us running Stock and Super Stock. I know they hate the 90 classes.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH REAL SAFETY--BUT-DO YOU HAVE TO BUY AN NHRA DIAPER [ARE OTHER TYPES NOT ALLOWED--ARE THEY GOING TO BE BAD IN ONE SEASON--]

REALLY---NHRA NEVER LEAVES ANYTHING ALONE--MOST OF THE RACERS I KNOW CAN NOT AFFORD TO RUN NHRA TRACKS AT ALL!

I CAN SEE IT NOW---THICK RUBBER SURROUNDING YOUR CAR/AND A 60 MPH SPEED LIMIT ON THE TRACK 8) :?
Reason I would have to get two diapers is because I run a SB in S/ST and BB in A/S. You can buy diapers from a number of people. But NHRA has some diaper dealers in there pocket just like safety belt dealers.Sumitt and Jegs have diapers at a great price.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="qtrmile2"]
. But NHRA has some diaper dealers in there pocket just like safety belt dealers.
Do you personally know the diaper dealers? You care to share your insider info as to who is in NHRA's pocket?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

just order one from jegs 105.00.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

[quote="shawnp"]
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
. But NHRA has some diaper dealers in there pocket just like safety belt dealers.
Do you personally know the diaper dealers? You care to share your insider info as to who is in NHRA's pocket?
No, I don't personally know any Diaper dealers just know of them. We'll just let it go as that.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Kind of a harsh statement to make. Joe West is a very good friend and I can assure you that your comment is the farthest thing from the truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -