FAKE 3855962 ENGINE BLOCKS

Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
shortfuse
SHOW GUEST

Default FAKE 3855962 ENGINE BLOCKS

((( VINTAGE AUTO AKA BUDDY HILL FROM TN ))) JUST LIKE TO LET OTHERS KNOW HE IS TAKING 396 2 BOLT BLOCKS CHANGING CASTING NUMBERS FROM 3855961 TO 3855962 CHANGING DATE TOO. I GOT RIPPED OFF BY THIS GUY AND HE SAYS THATS THE WAY I BOUGHT IT . YEAH OK HIS ID IS 236839 HIS ITEM NUMBER IS 1442240 LOOK AT THE PIC THERE SHOULD BE TWO DRILLED HOLES ON EITHER SIDE OF THE CAM HOLE ALSO LOOK AT THE DIFFERENT COLOR MAIN CAPS . HE SCREWED ME FOR 2700.00 BEWARE THIS GUY IS A THIEF AND SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

changing the dates is one thing but to actually change a casting number and make it look correct? I would really like to see some pictures.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:05 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
changing the dates is one thing but to actually change a casting number and make it look correct? I would really like to see some pictures.
Me too :!: :!:
Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Ad was posted: Ad #1442240 Posted:2009-01-23 10:43:59

When did you buy? Is this a repost?

No pics-You will have to provide the pics to make your case-If you can show a block with forged numbers you might be able to make a case, and the buying out of state would add an interesting wrinkle to that.

You'll need to provide more info.

Scorp
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default follow-up

I have never seen sand cast casting or date codes changed on a block. I have however seen dates machined and restamped from the factory on some 409 W block intakes and verified that it was legit.

I think I have even read that early Pontiacs had some factory machining of cast numbers for special SuperDuty applications. (blocks and intakes) I cant confirm though.

I personally have never seen this alteration on a Chevy block, factory or not.

I have seen decked blocks restamped- missing the factory broach marks, and getting the "4" wrong on the numbers (years ago when I was playing with vettes). My understanding now is that they got the stamps right and can even replicate the factory broach marks-Forgers are persistent.

In this case I am wondering if you are talking about the front pad.

Scorp
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
cpgeneration
SHOW GUEST

Default casting numbers

about 20 years ago people that ran i guess it was stock class would machine a pocket in the cast in number area of a chevrolet BB, they would then take a block with the casting number that they were restricted to use machine to a tight fit, coat it with JB weld, stiple the seam area, let the JB weld cure, clean it paint it and the tech people would not ever know if they checked that the block was wrong, i guess they could not get the correct block that was needed, i can not see that there would have been a way that they would be cheating other than not having the correct number, i could not understand why it was done ?? seems like a lot of trouble to go through, maybe it was cost ?? :?:
Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 PM
fast72buick
APPRENTICE

Anything is possible with the correct tooling.
These reproduction crossrams are made In Mich.
Correct GM Casting #'s,Winters snowflake,etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-...QQcmdZViewItem

69" Z28 302's LT1 350 came in 4 bolt main only
Some castings are 3932386
Machine shops take a Two bolt 327 3932386 Install 4 bolt caps/Align hone mains it's already date code correct as they were produced in 68-69 and Installed in Impalas and such in two bolt main version only.