BALANCERS?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:17 AM
HUNTER39
JOURNEYMAN

Default BALANCERS?

What is the benefit of a larger harmonic balancer? For a sbc internal balance what would you recomend?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

A larger balancer takes out more harmonic's from what I understand. It will absorb more, do a better job of keeping the vibrations out.
I just put on a new Summit balancer on my 422 and I think the quality is pretty good. It is the SFI one.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I've had Fluidampr & ATI on my small blocks and an ATI on the 522. No problems with either......
Old 03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

ATI is what you want if you spend ant time above 7000. Use the biggest and heaviest you can get and fit.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:37 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Its technicaly called a dampner, not a balancer. Just like how most guys call engines, motors, lol. Internal combustion engines, electric motors.

Now that we have that straight, you can never go wrong with an ATI for sure, but, since guys are always looking for cheap, the best, low cost dampner, is the Power Bond line from Pioneer. The Summit brand are decent too, and are made by Rimac. The one to avoid, its the Proffessional Products SFI units. They are truly junk.

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com