Ad #877240 / Eagle1 / George Clark / feed back please

Old 06-13-2007, 07:24 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Default Re: LISTEN TO THE TRUTH

Originally Posted by eagle1
Listen to the truth!
Before I am hung without a trial.
I am not calling this person any names whatsoever.
But what I am going to do is let you know what he did not mention.
Before I start, I would like you to know that I have been with R/J a long time - have made 12-13 honor payments.
What this guy did not mention:
Did he mention that I asked for a holding deposit in case someone else wanted it?
No he did not.
Did he mention that he said he was coming down to personally inspect to his satisfaction and if he liked what he saw he would buy?
No he did not.
Did he mention that he wanted me to trade in a a set of 4 tires on the parts as he did not want the tires?
No he did not.
Did he mention that I did not want the tires?
Did he mention that I had different size rims?
Did he mention that he brought the tires down as a trade in anyway?
No he did not.
Did he mention that he got aggrivated when I did not want his tires?
Did he mention that we pulled the parts out of the box and I told him that the parts were only finger tight and I wanted to undo everythjing for him to inspect?
Did he mention that he refused?
Did he mention that the center flange he is now showing pictures of was completely visible as there was no center and that he did inspect that part?
No he did not.
Did he mention that he knew he was buying this "as is" with no warranty or guarantee - if he bought it it was a done deal and it was his. It was a done deal.
No he did not.
Did he mention to tell you that he knew that and still did not want it apart?
Did he mention that I told him that I bought the complete rearend with the center and all and decided to go to a Strange Floater?
He did not.
Did he tell you I even showed him the floater in my car and that was the reason for selling it?
Did he mention that when I bought this item as a M/W setup? The center in it was a M/W and the axles were M/W also. So I presumed the housing was, but there were no markings on it so I was not sure.
Did he mention that he said that was not important?
Did he mention that I gave him a copy of the actual Lamb receipt showing that every part in the brakes were replaced - even all the bleed nipples and their bodies (except the the crossover tube)? (Lamb Parts are not cheap but, they are the best.)
Did he mention that I also sent him a copy of the receipt from M/W showing that I even replaced the bearings and locks on the axles? I put this in the ad.
Did he mention that I wanted to give him a receipt for his money also showing that he had inspected these parts to his satifaction and taking them "as is" and the TX sales tax were still due pending a Tax Certificate? Did he mention that he refused the receipt?
Did he mention that he did not pay sales tax as he was sending me a tax certificate?
He did not.
He did leave a card showing a business for the certificate (still have the card).
Did he mention that he has not sent in the the certificate or paid the sales tax yet?
He did not.
Did he mention that the B/S as he puts it was him talking about his perfect car?
LET ME ASK YOU READERS SOME QUESTIONS.
Would you drive 8 hours to personally inspect a part that you refused to put a deposit on before you inspected it and and then claim that during your B/S you completely forgot to inspect all the parts?
Would you refuse to sign a receipt for your money and the condition that you purchaced it?
Would you at least let the seller, when he offered, pull it apart (that is take the Lamb brakes off with calipers and just slip out the axles as it was all clean and finger tight and would take 2 minutes) to let you see the new parts and the new bearings and make any inspection you desired, knowing full well that there were no warranties or guarantees on the parts if you bought them?
Would you pay $450 to have the so called bad end replaced when Strange and anybody else will charge only $200? Call Strange, they will tell you. I have a quote from them
Would you pay $168 one way to ship a housing that weighs 50 maybe 60lbs when you can get it shipped both ways for $50? I have written quotes.
Why is this man showing pictures of a housing that he claims he bought that is so torn up, when the same pictures is what you see when there is no center?
If it was so bad as he claims and he can see all this, WHY DID HE BUY IT?
If you were the seller and the buyer claims that the center flange is so bad now (not when he bought it) that you cannot even fit a center in it?
If you had the origin M/W center that came with same housing and you had it in the housing and took it out to sell it, what would you say?
And if the seller calls you up and cusses you out and claims that you
scammed him and set him up, would you just hang up?
Just like I did.
You always should leave a door open. Once you close it, it is closed.
This a done deal.
If any of you readers who have not judged and hung me without hearing both sides would like to see a copy of the invoices and the quote from Strange and the actual shipping quote and anything else, just email me thru R/J.
Been an honest person all my life and now this guy has publicly threatened me that he will meet me one day at a race meet and publicly claimed that I am a scammer. That is defemation of my good name and character. My attorney will now get involved in this.
I am sure the seller will put another dozen I am a good guy and he is a bad guy but all I ask is that you put yourself in my shoes.
This will be my only posting.
I do thank you for your time and reading this.
My response to each of the statements is as follows in bold print:
Listen to the truth!
Before I am hung without a trial.
I am not calling this person any names whatsoever.
But what I am going to do is let you know what he did not mention.
Before I start, I would like you to know that I have been with R/J a long time - have made 12-13 honor payments.
What this guy did not mention:
Did he mention that I asked for a holding deposit in case someone else wanted it?
No he did not.

Not true he did not ask for a deposit, I told him I was coming down and if someone else wanted it to call me first, he agreed.

Did he mention that he said he was coming down to personally inspect to his satisfaction and if he liked what he saw he would buy? No he did not.

This is covered in our PM's back and forth which would be happy to post here. Upon arrival at his residence. the unit was completely assembled less third member and was not finger tight as he described. It was looked over, but I think everyone would agree I can't check a housing for straightness in the field. Thats why I sent o MW

Did he mention that he wanted me to trade in a a set of 4 tires on the parts as he did not want the tires?
No he did not.
Did he mention that I did not want the tires?
Did he mention that I had different size rims?
Did he mention that he brought the tires down as a trade in anyway?
No he did not.

Who cares about the tires, You said your boy might want them or maybe you could use them if you could cancell the wheels you already ordered. This is completely irrelevant.

Did he mention that he got aggrivated when I did not want his tires?

Could care less if you bought them or not, so I have an extra set. Again irrelevant.

Did he mention that we pulled the parts out of the box and I told him that the parts were only finger tight and I wanted to undo everythjing for him to inspect?

Seller never offered and the parts were not finger tight, in fact two of the caliper brackets were cross threaded and I almost never got them apart.

Did he mention that he refused?

Not true, you have to offer something before I can refuse it.

Did he mention that the center flange he is now showing pictures of was completely visible as there was no center and that he did inspect that part?
No he did not.

True it was visible, and I only posted the photo to explain MW's reason for not wanting to repair the housing. In fact every stud is welded in place. Much to expensive.

Did he mention that he knew he was buying this "as is" with no warranty or guarantee - if he bought it it was a done deal and it was his. It was a done deal.
No he did not.

This was not discussed, You presented this unit as being and I quote from the add "Completely gone thu Never installed"

Did he mention to tell you that he knew that and still did not want it apart?
Did he mention that I told him that I bought the complete rearend with the center and all and decided to go to a Strange Floater?
He did not.

who cares

Did he tell you I even showed him the floater in my car and that was the reason for selling it?

who cares

Did he mention that when I bought this item as a M/W setup? The center in it was a M/W and the axles were M/W also. So I presumed the housing was, but there were no markings on it so I was not sure.
Did he mention that he said that was not important?

If you weren't sure you shouldn't have advertised as such without checking first. I would have over looked this little detail if the thing was useable. So this is obviously important at this point.

Did he mention that I gave him a copy of the actual Lamb receipt showing that every part in the brakes were replaced - even all the bleed nipples and their bodies (except the the crossover tube)? (Lamb Parts are not cheap but, they are the best.)

This is true I did get a copy of the brake component receipt.

Did he mention that I also sent him a copy of the receipt from M/W showing that I even replaced the bearings and locks on the axles? I put this in the ad.

Not true never sent that receipt and never offered. Seller did state that in the add however

Did he mention that I wanted to give him a receipt for his money also showing that he had inspected these parts to his satifaction and taking them "as is" and the TX sales tax were still due pending a Tax Certificate? Did he mention that he refused the receipt?
Did he mention that he did not pay sales tax as he was sending me a tax certificate?
He did not.
He did leave a card showing a business for the certificate (still have the card).
Did he mention that he has not sent in the the certificate or paid the sales tax yet?
He did not.

I don't buy race parts through my business so this makes no difference, and I don't pay sales tax to individuals.

Did he mention that the B/S as he puts it was him talking about his perfect car?

My car is far from perfect and who could get a word in edge ways?

LET ME ASK YOU READERS SOME QUESTIONS.
Would you drive 8 hours to personally inspect a part that you refused to put a deposit on before you inspected it and and then claim that during your B/S you completely forgot to inspect all the parts?
Would you refuse to sign a receipt for your money and the condition that you purchaced it?
Would you at least let the seller, when he offered, pull it apart (that is take the Lamb brakes off with calipers and just slip out the axles as it was all clean and finger tight and would take 2 minutes) to let you see the new parts and the new bearings and make any inspection you desired, knowing full well that there were no warranties or guarantees on the parts if you bought them?
Would you pay $450 to have the so called bad end replaced when Strange and anybody else will charge only $200? Call Strange, they will tell you. I have a quote from them
Would you pay $168 one way to ship a housing that weighs 50 maybe 60lbs when you can get it shipped both ways for $50? I have written quotes.
Why is this man showing pictures of a housing that he claims he bought that is so torn up, when the same pictures is what you see when there is no center?
If it was so bad as he claims and he can see all this, WHY DID HE BUY IT?
If you were the seller and the buyer claims that the center flange is so bad now (not when he bought it) that you cannot even fit a center in it?
If you had the origin M/W center that came with same housing and you had it in the housing and took it out to sell it, what would you say?
And if the seller calls you up and cusses you out and claims that you
scammed him and set him up, would you just hang up?
Just like I did.
You always should leave a door open. Once you close it, it is closed.
This a done deal.
If any of you readers who have not judged and hung me without hearing both sides would like to see a copy of the invoices and the quote from Strange and the actual shipping quote and anything else, just email me thru R/J.
Been an honest person all my life and now this guy has publicly threatened me that he will meet me one day at a race meet and publicly claimed that I am a scammer. That is defemation of my good name and character. My attorney will now get involved in this.

It's only defemation if it's not true! Everything I've stated is true and can be confirmed by your add and my letter from MW

I am sure the seller will put another dozen I am a good guy and he is a bad guy but all I ask is that you put yourself in my shoes.
This will be my only posting.
I do thank you for your time and reading this.

Guys bottom line if you read the entire thread, I have said I should have inspected the housing closer and accepted full responsibility for that. I shouldn't have taken him at his word. I didn't take an alignment fixture with me. This is why I sent this to MW so they could verify the condition of the unit and if it was infact their housing. They have proven in both instances it's not what it was claimed to be.

Also this rant is exactly what I got when I called seller to explain what I had found out, he has been updated as the situation developed since day one, very politley and with respect.

If you tell me an item is "Completely gone thu Never installed" then I expect that's what you did, obviously it wasn't. A nice shiney powder coat job doesn't make for a good rear housing. I told the seller I would pay for the repairs if he would just pay for the shipping, he offers $50 of which he originally offerd $150. After inspection MW refused to attempt to repair due to the poor condition of the unit. (Their letter was previously posted). I have made no threats and have been polite throughout this entire process. I am aggrivated as any of you would be and yet I'm still willing to work this out. Guys after reviewing this if you think I'm wrong then I'll publicly apologize on this forum lick my wounds and move on.

So here in front of everyone, I'm again giving the seller an opportunity to make this right.

This what I've paid so far:
Rear assembly as advertised - $1800
Four link and rod ends$ - $175

Total - $1975

I'll forget about the shipping and inspection charges and chalk that up as my own fault.

One of the following is what I will accept if settled within the next ten days:
a) I will give the unit back in exchange for a full refund
b) I keep the axles and brakes if seller provides me a good housing the same demensions as this one (to be inspected by a qualified neutral party) or partial reimbusment of $700

If I have to get a judgement against the seller to collect my money this will not be cheap! It would be to sellers best interest to settle this amicably. I don't want to be unreasonable, but if you think I'm shelling out $2000 for a unit that I can't use because it's not what you claimed and just walk away, then you have missed your guess.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

the part that sticks out to me is---- COMPLETELY GONE THRU NEVER INSTALLED----- that should mean his builder should have caught this whole problem.or the seller needs to refund MONEY-- ASAP--
Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Well, I haven't heard a word form the seller. So it looks like I'm proceeding with legal action, called my attorney today and told him to move forward. I'll keep you guy's posted.

Thanks for the help guy's!